Simatography 

and homebase of SIFF

Forums

Forum Home > SIFF Spring 2014 > Film Posters SIFF Spring 2014

Minraed
Site Owner

Yes film makers, it is that time again!

It's time to start promoting your SIFF films and one great way to do that is to participate in the Film Poster Challenge to start creating buzz and anticipation for your film.

The rules are simple:

Create a film poster! Add your poster to the poster album in the photo gallery HERE. Right click on your poster once you have it in the gallery and click "Save image location"  and repost it here in this forum using the picture location url you just got from the last step.

Tips for film posters:

Create a poster that looks like a real life film poster, use google for ideas. Be sure to use a size that is roughly 8.5" x 11" or A4 international paper size. Odd sizes are harder to work with if your poster shows up in the Simatography magazine or is chosen to be created into a CC wall hanging for your game.  Use a very high resolution so that it looks great - we recommend something like 200 - 300 pixels per inch

Tips for Promotion:

Post your poster on our Facebook page, on your own facebook page/blog/other social sites, on TS3 forums... anywhere that you think will get you some publicity and build a base of fans that want to see your film.Post it in our TS3 fourms page.  

All film posters created will be listed for voting by our fans too!

Deadline is MARCH 1, 2013

Notes on voting:

We will open voting as soon as possible after the deadline. The polls will close on film release day, March 15th and will be announced in the SIFF Buzz closing magazine after all films and voting have been completed.

--

February 1, 2014 at 7:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dnl Films

Here is my film poster promoting my next SIFF entry. Once again, The Otherworld movie is back with the upcoming PART 3 video. The official trailer will be released later during this month. ;)

February 1, 2014 at 11:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

lol. How long have you been holding on to this waiting to share DNL?

--

February 1, 2014 at 5:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dnl Films

Almost three weeks. XD Seems like I'm running very fast this time, I didn't submit a poster last year, so I got excited with this haha. The trailer will be released very soon to my Youtube channel. I'm still struggling with Vegas Pro 12 because I'm having some bad rendered videos, but once I got everything fixed I will release the trailer. The poster is actually very good to be honest and I'm looking forward to see more. I was trying to capture the essence of this production. :P

February 1, 2014 at 6:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

sylentwhysper

Dnl, beautiful poster!!  Love!

--

February 1, 2014 at 7:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dnl Films

Thank you very much, sylentwhysper! ^^

February 1, 2014 at 7:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

GemBobMarley

Ok, 5 attempts and i've finally managed to post it! haha xx

I'm not much of a photo editor, this was my first time trying to edit something, I hope its ok!

xx Gem xx
February 2, 2014 at 8:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

Awesome to see posters coming in already, and the playbill listings have been updated. Welcome everyone!

--

February 2, 2014 at 9:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SimsDiva24

Okay so first off I want to state that I know this is the wrong size, but I have absolutely zero experience with any photo editing software. I made this is Sony Vegas and then took a screenshot. When I went to resize it, it looked terrible. So I decided to go with this one. If you really need the one with the recommended dimensions let me know and I will upload that one, but I am warning you the picture is distorted and the quality is terrible. I did the best that I could given the fact that I used a video editing software for this. Again sorry if this is an issue.
February 2, 2014 at 8:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dyn0123465

Can some one help me on making a Poster???? My always comes out toooo blurry :(

February 2, 2014 at 8:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Demeter

Eternity's film poster entry. We of course have been working hard to bring you a great music video. ;) 
--

February 3, 2014 at 12:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

GemBobMarley

http://simatography.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=15379504

Here is a link to the album of screenshots that you wanted :) I've put a copy of my film poster in there aswell :D

February 3, 2014 at 10:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CloudwalkerSims

--

February 3, 2014 at 6:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

tenravalg

Sorry I havent adjusted my poster into a poster size here is the adjusted image
Please disregard my previous post delete that ^W^

February 5, 2014 at 3:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ChristieL.

My entry for this Spring SIFF :)

--

February 6, 2014 at 7:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

sylentwhysper

Christie!  Awesome poster and I'm really intrigued by the theme of your promos.  There are monsters inside of us!!  That's just so dark and deep.

--

February 6, 2014 at 9:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dyn0123465

SOOO Im using Gimp to make my poster.......I have NO IDEA where to start HELP PLEASE!!!!

--

-Dyn

February 6, 2014 at 11:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

sylentwhysper

Dyn, please follow my GIMP tutorial HERE on how to make a poster.  If you get stuck, please post in your other help thread you started and we can help you.  Let's keep this thread clear of help issues.  Thanks so much!  :)

--

February 6, 2014 at 11:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

sylentwhysper

--

February 7, 2014 at 1:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dyn0123465

I finished my poster!!

edit by sylent:  fixed link to show picture.

--

-Dyn

February 9, 2014 at 11:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.