Simatography 

and homebase of SIFF

Forums

Forum Home > Sims 4 Life - Gameplay chat for the Sims 4 players > Sims 4 Pre-Release Q&A

Minraed
Site Owner

--

August 4, 2014 at 9:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

Please feel free to start asking questions about the Sims 4. I will answer what I can, and if I don't know I will be sure to find someone who does. I will be posting in the two sections above over the course of this week. So much information to share, I don't know where to start.

--

August 4, 2014 at 9:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Stiles Mcgraw

I am wondering what video creating tools they will have...most importantly,  will they have the programmable cam mode?  Will there be a slo-mo feature?

August 5, 2014 at 1:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ballantyne

I have similar questions to Stiles, I really want to know if there are any new camera tools/effects or machinima cheats. Or will it be the same old "crtl 5-9" with nothing new planned. 

I'd kill for some shallow depth-of-field in the game but I know EA wouldn't do that :P

August 5, 2014 at 4:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

I am slow at getting the writeup done, my apologies. I will have all the details soon.

There are preset camera angles, the same as before. However, when you go into camera mode you cannot see any visible indicator that you have captured a screenshot, also you cannot tell if your video is toggled on or off. This became an issue when I was filming for a long time when I thought it was toggled off, only then to turn it off when I wanted it to start recording.

There is currently no slowmotionviz as far as I could tell.

There is a preset depth of field thing going on, that I am told can be managed to some extent through the settings. I talked to one of the guru's about this being nice, but not something we would want turned on permanently. It wasn't until later that I heard you could change it through the settings so I didn't get a chance to go back to experiment with that.

--

August 5, 2014 at 6:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ballantyne

Thanks for the info, Min. :) 

Hmm, that's weird about no slowmotionviz :/ it's such a good feature, especially on laggier machines. I wonder if they can patch it in later... hmm. 

I'm intrigued by the depth-of-field thing though :o I wonder if EA will show a video of it before release. 

August 5, 2014 at 5:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

I am downloading my assets from SimCamp now so i'm hoping I captured it as I hoped.

--

August 5, 2014 at 5:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

Don't miss the blog posts with more detailed information HERE on our news page. Feel free to dop back here to discuss. I still have so much more to share.

--

August 6, 2014 at 6:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Akaichou_Layla

I am hoping some major CC creators make camera mods for the game :D i am really hyped for the sims 4

August 8, 2014 at 10:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

I added a bit Q&A post if you have not already seen it. Have a look and come back here to discuss. I am sure there are many questions I didn't answer.

The post is HERE

--

August 9, 2014 at 11:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ballantyne

Thanks very much for posting the Q&A. This has a lot of good info :)

Not gonna lie, I am feeling slightly enraged about no "Move Objects on" and no camera tilt. These two things are VITAL when composing shots, so I don't know what EA were thinking there. Reeeeally hope they add the movie maker cheat too - or at the very least a "turn off look-ats" cheat. Turning off look-ats seems like a simple cheat but it's incredibly important to keep your sims head "behaving" when playing custom animations. (and there will absolutely be custom animations in TS4, as the fine people at simlogical have already made some)

Being able to scale objects is cool though. And attaching an object to a sims head? Weird but kinda interesting. It would be more useful if you could attach an object to the sims hand though - like a cup or briefcase or other random small piece of furniture.

Ahhh, I don't know.... this game is so conflicting! Like one step forward, two steps back, y'know? Arghhh.

August 9, 2014 at 5:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

I feel that too Ballantyne, I feel that these missing things seem so bloody obviously needed, but then having met and talked to the team, and heard hours of presentations, it makes sense in a way. There are so many different types of players, it is impossible to build a base game with everything for everyone. There is also the main goal that they have emphsized which is to build a solid structure, a stable base upon which to add everything else later. This I agree with, even though it seems to me that some things like MOO etc. could have been included. The realitiy is that there is so much more complexity to all of this that few of us can really comprehend. I feel like too much is missing to make this game platform work for me as it is, to do the things I do the most, being interior design and machinima, BUT despite that current feeling, I feel very positive and excited. I think we are looking at the beginning of something wonderful, AND we still have the awesomeness of Sims3, a legacy that I am sure will carry on for a long long time.

--

August 9, 2014 at 9:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ballantyne

Thanks Min, yeah, I do understand why EA cut some things out in order to improve performance (such as CASt and the Open World) and from the demos it certainly does look more stable, and less laggy, which is great. 

But EA are putting an emphasis on telling weirder "stories" in their promos. I just find it odd they're cutting out these basic story telling tools. Glad you feel the same way about MOO though, there's just no excuse not to have it! 

Yeah true, TS3 (and I think TS2) will still be around for a while, we'll see what happens. :) I am eager to move on from The Sims 3 though, been playing it for a loooong time :) 

August 11, 2014 at 3:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.