Simatography 

and homebase of SIFF

Forums

Forum Home > Sims TV Series' > DARYL (inspired by The Walking Dead)

Jelly

My Inspiration

I'm a big fan of AMC's The Walking Dead and of course, my favourite character is Daryl Dixon, so I decided to start my own series inspired by the show but not canon based. There was one aspect that I really wanted to focus upon, and that was capturing realism through photography - still shots.

The Series

I spent so much time trying to figure out a fancy name for this series and ultimately ended up going with "Daryl". As the title would suggest, the series follows lead character Daryl Dixon in his journey of survival in a post apocalyptic world. He is the only character canon, so to speak, the rest are all made up from a figment of my imagination. Lastly, the series itself does tend to be dark and perhaps is unsuitable for some viewers. Though I do not and will never show anything explicit, there are gruesome scenes, some PG13 nudity, some language, and other mature themed implications.

Support

If you'd like to support me there are a couple ways you can do that. You can subscribe to my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3rf_Gy5XKFs9efzs9X5f1g And you can Like my page on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DarylYouTubeSeries Also, any tactful feedback is always appreciated!

Enjoy! (Hopefully...)

DARYL Part 1 | DARYL Part 2 | DARYL Part 3

* I hope to keep writing more parts, and sooner rather than later, but my time is limited as I'm a parent with a rambunctious 3-year old :)

October 8, 2014 at 7:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

Awesome. Thanks for sharing this. I'm a big mad busy with SIFF right now, but I will be sure to check these out as soon as possible.

--

October 9, 2014 at 5:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jelly

Part 4 is here!

Thanks, Minraed for your support! One is better than none! Hopefully more people will sub and like :)

October 11, 2014 at 6:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jelly

Update!

There are currently (7) parts to my series Daryl! Here's the Playlist that runs all episodes :)

November 14, 2014 at 5:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

Sweet. I was just checking it out on my ipad again. We'll mention this in our magazine that comes out this weekend.

--

November 14, 2014 at 5:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jelly

That would be awesome, Minraed! Thank you sooo much! It's been hard getting viewers but I love storytelling, so I'm going to keep on truckin' ;)

November 14, 2014 at 7:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

If you would like to create a double page spread or single page A4 Size Advertisement (google it or use the A4 settings that you might find in your editor, I use Photoshop and an A4 page is available as atemplate size) Then I would be happy to use it in our magazines. I'm going to encourage people to make more ads for their stuff for our magazines.

--

November 15, 2014 at 6:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jelly

Great idea!!! I will :) When is your next magazine published?

November 20, 2014 at 3:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jelly

Here is Part 8 and Part 9.

November 20, 2014 at 6:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.