Simatography 

and homebase of SIFF

Forums

Forum Home > Greetings and Guidelines > Stop by Here and Say Hello!

sylentwhysper

Hello Raven and WhiteBlueCherry! Welcome to the site and hope you have fun here!

--

February 3, 2014 at 6:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rylanor

Hi there, everyone. I'm Rylanor, been playing Sims since 2000 when a fellow fan of Cats the musical made some Cats sims and I just had to buy the game to play them. I'd loved SimCity when I was 12, but hadn't heard of The Sims. I was bowled over by the 3D in Sims 2 and spent so many hours on that game, my mum was quite worried, but I've got a load of great families still there waiting for me to go back to them. I discovered machinima a few years ago and found some great videos including one of Harry Potter and Draco set to Chasing Cars, so bittersweet. I loved the idea and read up a tutorial elsewhere, but didn't think I'd ever have the patience for it and so far, I was right.

I've been dipping in and out of The Sims 3 for the years it's been out, but still feel I'm just starting out with my characters. I have a few friends' story characters in there and some great custom content one of them found and put on a CD that they lent me. I've just gone through the files to reduce it to what I really like and use, and to speed up loading times, but then have downloaded a ton more while looking for the emo bracelets I'd accidentally deleted. I wasn't looking at objects or houses, but those along with poses, sliders, skin and eye replacements might be necessary for really good-looking videos. I never liked the default replacement skin and eyes in Sims 2, they looked so weird I deleted them, but they look great in videos. I also only downloaded and used a few custom objects in Sims 2 so have ignored those in favour of clothes and, bizarrely, nail polish, in Sims 3. I am a fiend for downloading all the nail art I can find.

I'm just watching Nitten's video tutorials and planning to go on a slider, skin, eye and pose hunt soon, though I'd only got to the Ps for downloading custom content yesterday when I ran out of steam, and that was with ignoring objects and houses, so it'll take a while. I have a load of characters and a few stories to build on, though haven't got much in the way of scripts in mind yet. I do have a lot of favourite songs that could be machinimaed too.

Does anyone know a way of previewing what .package files look like? I prefer .sims3pack since you can see them in the launcher, which I use despite some people's dislike of it. I used to just the use the AwesomeMod updater.bat to launch the game, but I found the base game and a few stuffpacks and expansions in a HumbleBundle so have it in Origin now and it has to launch through that (sold the disk on Amazon Marketplace along with a few others I wasn't using). I used to use SimPE a lot especially when I accidentally let a sim die, but haven't used Sims3PE so I don't know if that has an image preview. It just helps for organising them as I was dipping in and out of the game, moving half the files in and out of the folder, just to see what was what to delete unnecessary things. I find a lot of things don't look so good once they're in game. I already don't like the folds and shine a lot of people put on clothes which is ironic since they do that to make them look more realistic.

Well, that was more than I'd planned to write. I tend to go on, don't mean to bore anyone :roll: Also, I have uploaded an avatar, but it's not showing up. No idea why.

February 22, 2014 at 4:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

Hi Rynor and welcome!

I am glad you found some helpful things here, and ya.. Nittens rocks! I am also a fan of making my machinimas to favourite music. Good luck  with your projects.

As for the .pkg files, this would be best over at the help section here...

http://simatography.webs.com/apps/forums/show/14624085-help-me-ask-questions-here

but the short answer is, google Sims 3 CC Magic and you will see that this is what many use to help. Bring this over to the help section and let's see what people have to say about it to help you out. Just copy and paste that last paragraph.

As for the avatar.. ya, webs can be silly at times, sorry for that. But if you try again. Often it is just that the image size/resolution is too big.

--

February 22, 2014 at 6:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rylanor

Thanks for the welcome and yes, good point on posting the question in the help forum. Oops. Thanks for the heads up on the CC Magic tool.

February 22, 2014 at 9:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

simmpmod7

Hello there!

Wanted to say a quick hello to all.  I'm not sure what to say, been researching making machinimas and decided to try a Sims approach because it gives flexibility and customization possibilities.  However, I don't know the Sims game...first time I tried it my Sims were sleeping in parks and starving to death and doing nothing I told them to do so I almost gave up and asked for my money back.  I am glad to see there is a community of folks who have much deeper understanding of this then I probably ever will.

Thank you for the time to put this site together and collaborate and help each other.  It has already helped me.

SimMP

March 26, 2014 at 8:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

sylentwhysper

Welcome SimMP!!

--

March 26, 2014 at 11:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

WELCOME! Oh, this is exciting to have someone completely new. Many of us started learning slowly and our expectations grew as we learned. For you it sounds like you have already an idea of what you want which can make it challenging try to learn it all at once. The BEST place to start by far is on this page...

http://simatography.webs.com/simatography-school

Nittens covers everything in these videos and if you scroll down to the bottom of the forums you'll see the Machinima School section with some tips and tutorials organized by topic that can really help.

I will also add that if you have worked on something and want some feedback there are a number of us who would be more than willing to give you some. You can message me directly, or you can post into the forums and ask for feedback that way.

Good luck with the new adventure in machinima making! Hopefully you will have something new and exciting for our next cycle of SIFF ;)

--

March 27, 2014 at 8:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

King Leo

Hi, I'm King Leo and want to introduce myself here again. My original post was deleted because I had accidentally placed it in the wrong place.

By now, everyone has probably already noticed that Simatography and AllAboutSims work together. At least with the last BUZZ magazine that everyone should know. I am a technical administrator of AllAboutSims. We are a German forum that something apart from other forums. And now we are working to build a German Machinima area to provide a home for German-speaking filmmakers and those who want to be it.

Who wants to join in, is welcome. I answer questions likewise with pleasure.

Hallo, ich bin King Leo und möchte mich hier noch einmal vorstellen. Mein ursprünglicher Post wurde gelöscht, da ich ihn versehentlich an der falschen Stelle platziert hatte.

Mittlerweile hat bestimmt schon jeder mitbekommen, daß Simatography und AllAboutSims zusammenarbeiten. Spätestens mit dem letzten BUZZ Magazin dürfte das jeder wissen. Ich bin technischer Administrator von AllAboutSims. Wir sind ein deutsches Forum, daß sich etwas von anderen Foren abhebt. Und nun arbeiten wir am Aufbau eines deutschsprachigen Machinimabereiches, der eine Heimat für deutschsprachige Filmemacher und solche, die es werden wollen, bieten soll.

Wer Lust hat, mitzumachen, ist herzlich Willkommen. Fragen beantworte ich ebenfalls gern.

--

Bilder Hosting

April 11, 2014 at 5:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

Welcome back again King Leo. :D  And thank you so much for making this connection with us. Hopefully other people in other language communites will think that this is a good idea too. You will be a great help for your German members who want to join SIFF but need some help translating things.

--

April 11, 2014 at 6:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

sylentwhysper

Welcome King Leo!  I just checked out the site and it's great!  :D

--

April 11, 2014 at 9:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

King Leo

Thanks for the kind words. We also strive very.

--

Bilder Hosting

April 11, 2014 at 3:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Moni

Hi, my name is Moni (adso 9965). I am the operator of AllAboutSims.

I'm late with my registry and introducing here, and for that I'm really sorry

I'm really glad about our cooperation and sure that we would have a good time.

If anyone have a question about me, so please feel free to ask

Greetings Moni

April 13, 2014 at 10:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

King Leo

Better late than never. Welcome boss. :D

--

Bilder Hosting

April 13, 2014 at 10:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

KoreanSimz4

I never got to do my introducition :O

Hi guys i am Korsims, joined in the new year, entered the battle of the bands with my love for Korean Language and culture!

Discovered the sims back in 2009, but didnt actually buy the sims 3 until December 2013, YEAH REALLY LATE!

now i am rushing everywhere to get all the sims 3 EP's before they run out :P

SIFF changed my life forever, and made me love roleplaying especially with my sims :D

LOVE U ALL GUYS I JUST WANNA GIVE U A BIG HUG!

--

April 14, 2014 at 1:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

sylentwhysper

Waves to Kor Sims!!  Hello!! :D

Hi Moni, Welcome to the site!!  :D

--

April 14, 2014 at 5:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

Welcome Moni and Korsims. We have had many new members come along these past few months and I have not gotten around to welcoming everyone. Don't be shy people. Feel free to drop by and just shout out that you are here.

--

April 18, 2014 at 7:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

JessyGee (VoicingSims)
I'm new and was recommended to join SIFF by AnonYmous, simatographer of 'War Against Love,' recommend checking it out. I'm not much of a sim director, but I have played the sims for quite a few years and I love taking pictures and creating stories while playing. Filming just slow downs my computer but anyway I have seen countless machinima with voices and I always wanted to be part of the sims community is when I decided to join voice acting and auditioning for sims. I'm really shy and this was a way to do something out of my comfort zone. AnonYmous has been really supportive and has helped me be a part of his machinima/movie of 'War Against Love,' where I play Eunice the therapist. Honestly I love voicing the character and I love just doing something that gets me away from my shyness. So yeah even though I'm still a newbie in voicing I'm still auditioning so if you feel I'm a fit for your series, please let me know here or on my youtube channel (Info on profile). Thanks, sorry I tend to write a lot, it's a habit.
--

Never FORGET to treasure those cute little details of Love with your significant other, because later you'll regret when you realize they are GONE.

April 20, 2014 at 1:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

sylentwhysper

Hi, Welcome JessyGee!  It takes a lot of courage to do something out of your comfort zone and it's wonderful that you've decided to join us here.  We are a pretty friendly bunch so don't hesitate to ask if you need help or anything.  You did a very nice job for Eunice in War Against Love!  I really liked your voice and will have to keep you in mind for any future machinimas I make.   If you like taking piccies, you should consider the 100 Themes Challenge I'm hosting.  It's open to any skill level and no dead lines!  :D

--

April 20, 2014 at 5:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JessyGee (VoicingSims)

sylentwhysper at April 20, 2014 at 5:58 PM

Hi, Welcome JessyGee!  It takes a lot of courage to do something out of your comfort zone and it's wonderful that you've decided to join us here.  We are a pretty friendly bunch so don't hesitate to ask if you need help or anything.  You did a very nice job for Eunice in War Against Love!  I really liked your voice and will have to keep you in mind for any future machinimas I make.   If you like taking piccies, you should consider the 100 Themes Challenge I'm hosting.  It's open to any skill level and no dead lines!  :D

Thank you so much, and I will keep that in mind. 😁
April 20, 2014 at 9:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Untamed-Wildness

HEY! I'm new here and I am so so happy I found this page! As machinimas making is my hobby now (started doing stuff like that a little more than a year ago) I already feel like in home here!

I've been playing the sims since I didn't knew how to read well in my native language, so I didn't knew a single word in english. My brother helped me a lot and after some time I just memorized which buttom is for various actions. I still remember how I thought, that "use" means "pee" :D. And yah, that was the first part ot The Sims series. I got The Sims 2 as soon as in came out (I guess). And had all the expansion packs. I've already knew how to read, but I were'nt too good in english, so... Well, the most funny thing I remember from that times, is that I was so scared of the ghosts, that I almost always had turned the game off as soon as I saw one! Now I have the sims 3. And I got him as soon as it have released too. At first it was like "wow" (by the time I already understood almost everything written in English). It was like the coolest game ever! Now, when I have some expansion packs (unluckily, I can't have them all because of my laggy more than 10 years old computer) and some custom contnent the game looks even more amazing! Well, but I don't play it very often, because now I found machinima making, what takes almost all my time in game - I can say that I fell in love with The Sims 3 videos directing.

From 2013-10-22 (not sure about the day, but I think that's the right date) I started creating and hosting into youtobe The Sims 3 machinima series in my native language. I had so much fun! Even if my computer didn't allowed me to create some amazing stuff because of lag, freezes, bugs and etc. I still thought what I have done the best I could and the results weren't so bad. I've made 25 parts of a series at all and then looking at the first one, and then at the last one... The difference is huge! And I'm very happy I'm getting better with time and want to continue doing this, but in lithuanian there aren't too many people, who could watch it. And I just got tired of working for weeks on a serie and only getting like 80 views, 1 thumb up and no comments. Yah, I'm the one looking for attention :D. So I canceled my series at the beggining of a season two. It was a hard decission cause I've already been inloved with my work and all the characters already looked almost like alive for me, and when I was writing the script I always was like "no, he wouldn't say that" or "yes, this is what he would say". Also, I was afraid to let down those few people, who where wathing my series and found it interesting .I feel bad now, but I made a decission. I'm not over with the series I've been making, as I don't think I could get a better one idea, which I would work to work with and not quit because of "it's boring", So I decided to re-make my series in english. Starting my work today! Well, it will be a lot different, but the idea and characters still the same.

And as I think I already mentioned (I cant remember :D), I'm happy I found this page. Never seen so many people, who uses The Sims to create something cool in one place. I already found some great tips and information here and I'm sure this will help me make my creations better.

So, hey, Nice to meet you all! Love you!

P.S. Sorry for my english.

April 27, 2014 at 2:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.