Simatography 

and homebase of SIFF

Forums

Forum Home > Greetings and Guidelines > Stop by Here and Say Hello!

Minraed
Site Owner

Well hello and welcome.

It's great to hear that you've come back. We are currently looking at some ideas to better promote and showcase our photographers and photo story tellers so stay tuned over the next few months and hopefully we'll have some more fun things.

--

October 9, 2014 at 5:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

World Of Sims

Hi all :)

My real name is Henriette and I've been playing Sims since the first game got released back in 2000. 

I've been lurking around here for a long time and finally decided to sign up.  I recently started playing around with taking better  photographs in game and a long the way I hope to start making Machinimas too.

--

I only live in real life when my sims need a break ;) 

November 22, 2014 at 12:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

sylentwhysper

Hi Henriette, welcome to the site.  Have fun.  :D

--

November 24, 2014 at 6:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

Welcome! it's always great to see new faces. Don't be shy. If you need anything just ask. 

--

November 25, 2014 at 5:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

World Of Sims

Thank you both :) 

I'll be sure to ask .

--

I only live in real life when my sims need a break ;) 

November 27, 2014 at 2:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ErinCallan

Hey everyone, my name is Erin and I thought I would formally introduce myself. I've been playing the sims since I think around 2011. My husband bought it for me to have something to do while I was at home on sick leave. Since that time, I've learned a lot about the game, such as modding etc. In fact the game has made me quite computer savvy. I usually only take pictures but just began teaching myself how to film. I think I've only been filming for about a month if that. I hope what I've put up so far isn't so bad for someone who learned what a paramater is and FRAPPS. I don't use any fancy technology or anything to film or make my pictures. Typically just use photogallery, movie maker, and Wondershare video editor. Just a little about me: I'm 36, married, have three dogs (pittbull, maltese, cocker spaniel) and I'm a counselor for the severely mentally ill. I'm also a Forensic Pscyhologist and work with repeated offenders of various types. It's great to meet everyone. I'm friendly and always looking to chat and make friends. Thanks for the support,'

Erin

November 28, 2014 at 10:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

Hello Erin, thanks for dropping by.  It is great to learn more about you too. I am a Dietitian, Diabetes Educator, but as part of my work I run a clinic in Mental Health because of the high risk of metabolic health issues in that population. I'm just preparing to go back to school part time to get certificates in psychology and eating disorders to complement my work. As for your love of dogs, you will be at home here. We seem to have a huge base of animal lovers around. 

I hope you will feel at home here. We are often quiet in between rounds of our SIFF cycles (the twice annual film festival) but we are still here so if you need anything just shout. The forums are huge I know, so if you can't find something just ask. You can find me on Facebook too under Minraed Arzhel where you can catch me anytime. 

Welcome and happy simming

--

November 29, 2014 at 7:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ErinCallan

Thank you Minraed for your warm welcome. I understand about SIFF, it's a very big event for all the artists. Maybe eventually I'll enter something in the future. Right now I'm so new at this and self conscious about putting videos up. I'm trying to work on my self consciousness when it comes to this. I think this comes from my husband making fun of me about anything I've ever made (he means no harm though), especially with my LBGT sims. I started making them about maybe a year ago and noticed very few people make them, although recently there does seem to be more of an audience for them. I'm a member of the sims 3 exchange and I noticed many people stopped interacting with me after I began to make them. I think it made people upset or something because maybe they couldn't tell the difference from a female sim and a transim that I created. I'm not really sure, so I put a note informing them it was a transim. I can say I think I make pretty good ones. Now I need to feel that way about the videos I make :) Again thank you for the warm welcome,

Erin

November 29, 2014 at 3:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

Never mind your husband. People in the real world don't understand us. lol

We understand you, so nothing to be shy of. AND, we are not all about only Machinima, and SIFF has many options for non-machinima so join us in whatever way you are comfortable. 

--

November 29, 2014 at 9:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Adriano Magnavita

Hey guys! My name is Adriano, I'm 23 and I'm from Brazil. My english is not perfect but I hope I can get better! I've been playing The Sims since 2004 and I love machinimas. Actually I'm a director and I hope I can show you guys some of my work :) I'm working on subtitles for the machinimas I've made so far, and hope you can give some feedback :D Oh, and I love SIFF! Hopefully I can participate next year!

December 18, 2014 at 10:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

sylentwhysper

Welcome Adriano!  SIFF is awesome, hope you will join for the next one.  :D

--

December 19, 2014 at 2:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Adriano Magnavita

Thank you sylentwhysper! I'm really excited to join SIFF next year, can't wait :D

December 20, 2014 at 11:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Vicente Junior

Hello everybody! My name is Vicente Junior, 18. I'm from Brazil and relatively new at this whole sims universe. I already knew the series but only started playing for real in 2009 when the third game was released. I've become a director in 2012 and I look forward to show you guys my creations if that's ok. Hope you can give me some feedback (still working on the subtitles though). I've heard a lot about Simatography for quite some time and seen some SIFF movies and I just wanted to say I think your work is amazing. It really helps gathering the machinima makers's community and I hope I may be part of this on SIFF next year. That's it :) Sorry if my english is not that good, correct me if you see any errors.

December 22, 2014 at 2:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

sylentwhysper
Hi there Vincente, glad you could join us. Welcome to the site.
--

December 23, 2014 at 1:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

Thank you vincente, and welcome. We look forward to seeing you at SIFF sometime. No need to apologize for your English. We have many people from all over the world who join us. :) 

and Hello to Adriano I missed you up there. Welcome. 

--

December 23, 2014 at 4:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

Wow, I just went to go through the members to send out greetings and realized how shamefully overdue I am. So I think I will have to come here to wish everyone a great big welcome, new members and returning members alike. I know the forums can be overwhelming with so much information here, but remember we are here to help so if you feel lost, or get into the wrong place we will be happy to steer you where you want to go, and to help you with your projects. 

Welcome one and all! 

--

January 18, 2015 at 11:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Debbie

Hi Everyone,

My name is Debbie, I am from The USA. I am some what new to The Sims 3 and Machinima. I have experience creating music videos useing movie and T.V. clips just as a hobby. The Sims 3 is a whole new creative outlet for making videos. I am thrilled to be a part of SIFF Spring 2015. Thanks to everyone for their hard work who makes Simatography a great place to bring all simmers together. I look forward to all the great friends I will make here:D

February 10, 2015 at 12:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

sylentwhysper

Hi Debbie.  :D  Welcome to Simatography! 

--

February 10, 2015 at 1:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

This thread keeps getting buried with so many other things happening so I thought I would drop by to wish a BIG WELCOME to all of the new members joining us these past few months. Don't be shy, come out and play. Ask questions. Let us know if you need anything. 

--

February 15, 2015 at 8:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alone The Series

Hey guys! I have been around at Simatography for years but don't think I've properly introduced myself! I'm CleverBox Pictures (I know my username is AloneTheSeries sorry for the confusion) but that is the name of my machinima series! Hope to get to know some of you a bit better!

--

March 25, 2015 at 2:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.