Simatography 

and homebase of SIFF

Forums

Forum Home > Sims 3 Machinima Tips and Tricks > Blender Animation Plugins by 'a'

Anches

This helps a lot, thanks so much again :D Maybe I have the newest Blender version and there is the amRig without hair and my afRig has an other hairstyle too. :) And thanks for the tip with the .blend file, it works great!

Have fun & greetings :)

--

May 28, 2013 at 7:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Brandon

Thanks for the info Ballantyne, it was very useful.

I took what I learned and made a tutorial for others benefit, it's on Youtube: http://youtu.be/RZJpC6mVGl8

-Brandon

June 4, 2013 at 10:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ballantyne

No probs! Thanks so much for putting that tutorial together, Brandon :) it really helps to have the instructions all on one video, it makes things so much easier (and hopefuly will encourage more people to animate with Blender! yay! ;) ).

June 5, 2013 at 7:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

TitusLinde

I need to take a look on all this informations here too. In summer I will give this a trial :D Blender is already on my pc for months, but... I will need to concentrate on this for a while and sooo... I think summer vacations will be a good time for this ^^ 

--

June 6, 2013 at 4:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ballantyne

My apologies everyone!! :( it seems I have made a mistake with the FPS (Frames Per Second). The game plays animations at 30FPS not 24FPS. Someone at ModtheSims pointed this out and I tested it and they were correct. I did a video comparison here:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1Ks7MLto7g

I just never noticed the game speeding up my animations in-game as most of mine were kinda slow anyway. 

To fix, set your FPS playback to 30 in Blender under the "render" tab so you can see how fast they will look in the game.

I've just edited one of my earlier posts, hopefully you guys will read it. 

I guess that'll teach me to hand out info when I still barely know what I'm doing myself. >_< ahhhh. Again, very sorry guys. ;_;

June 12, 2013 at 3:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

sylentwhysper

First of all, thanks to Ballantyne for keeping this thread updated while I was away.  :) :D  I've updated the link in the first post.  Second, thanks to Brandon for making the video tutorial, very helpful to consolidate all the information.  :)

Here is a short tips/tricks video made by LittleMissSimmies on how to pose a Sims rig in Blender.  Although it's for posing it should help beginners understand how to move the rig in natural ways for animations.  NOTE: The audio is a little low on the video.

CLICK HERE

--

January 20, 2014 at 7:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CloudwalkerSims

Thanks Silent. I need help as I'm about to try to animate a horse in Blender and I don't use Blender at all!

--

January 20, 2014 at 8:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ballantyne

@ Sylent. No problem :) I absolutely love Blender and the plugins, so if I find any handy bits of information I'll try and share them when I can :)

@ Cloud, I recently picked up the Pets EP and I'm really keen to make some horse animations too. I found this tutorial on posing animal rigs that might be helpful (I haven't made a pose with it yet, but thought I would post here anyway).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJnNfQnKRQ0

January 20, 2014 at 2:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CloudwalkerSims

Thank you Ballantyne!

--

January 20, 2014 at 8:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ballantyne

np Cloud :)

Here's a few handy tips that I often find useful, thought I'd post here:

Resetting joints: If you accidently mess-up part of a pose, simply highlight the joints you want to reset, then press 'Alt+g' followed by 'Alt+r'. This resets both location and rotation of the joints to their default "t-pose" position. This is very handy if you mess up just one body part or a couple of joints or whatever.

Quick - selection tools:  

Press 'b' to draw a 'selection box' around the joints you want highlighted.

Alternatively, press 'c' to bring up a circular selection tool, highlight the joints you want, then press "enter".

To de-select a whole bunch of joints, do the same thing as above, except click-in the middle-mouse button instead of the left-click button. 

January 23, 2014 at 5:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kodafaithboswell

PLEASE HELP IF POSSIBLE!!!

My coumputer system crash and the website for the sims 3 rigs no longer supports the download for it D: 

Is there any way someone can email me a copy of the file or upload it somewhere that I can download it?!?! :'(    I'm so upset they stopped supporting the download for it and can't seem to find any other place for it :( 

March 8, 2017 at 10:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.