Simatography 

and homebase of SIFF

Forums

Forum Home > Monthly Theme Challenge for Everyone > Winter Celebrations Showcase - CLOSED

Minraed
Site Owner

Winter Celebrations Showcase

How do you celebrate winter, the holiday season and the new year?

Join in on our seasonal showcase and share the joy.

Rules:

You can submit any number of entries in any category.

It must follow the theme of Winter, Holidays (whatever you celebrate at this time of year), New Years. Choose from any of the categories listed below.

Share your creations here in this thread so that we can all see. In addition, if you are adding photos, be sure to submit them to THIS ALBUM so that we can easily find them.

Submissions can take the form of custom content downloads, machinima, photos or photo stories

Deadlines:

We will be creating an end of year Simatography magazine to showcase all of your submissions, so anything in before we publish will be showcased. The plan will be to release by December 29th to kick off the New Year!

Theme Categories

Greeting Card

example above - a sims photo turned into a holiday greeting

Traditions

photos or machinima - what are your holiday traditions?

Scenery

a photo or machinima depicting a beautiful winter wonderland or holiday scene

Characters and Costumes

elves, santa, grinch - what types of characters do you think of during the holidays?

Advertisements

a fun way to use your creative graphic arts or machinima skills - create an ad for a sims object or anything with a holiday theme, like a christmas shopping ad for example.

Special Gift

Special gift could be used as a theme, or it could be a unique project like my example below. What is your special gift to the simatography and sims community? Do you have a custom content object to share, a story to tell, or anything else that you can think of.

--

November 29, 2013 at 7:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

Here is an example of something I did up a few years ago. This would be in the Special Gift category. Click on it to see it on issuu.

--

November 29, 2013 at 7:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

sylentwhysper

It's starting to look festive around here!  :)

--

November 29, 2013 at 10:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

StephyDee

Ooooo I'm loving this theme! I've always had a soft spot for this holiday season, so seeing this showcase actually made me giggle in excitement! :D

I need an opinion/suggestion here. I've been working on a holiday machinima for a week or so now, and the storyline (without giving too much away lol) is pretty much peeking into the lives of various people and their situations. Then it addresses the Christmas aspect and how it relates to all of them. (It sounds technical and boring when I explain it this way, but I swear it's not! :P)

Anyways, I was wondering what theme would I be putting this under? I mean, there's gonna be characters with storylines, and there'll be pretty scenery. I just want to be sure I'll be placing it in the right category. :)

Edit: Also, I wanted to mention that back in April, I made a quick machinima titled "December", and even though it has a disclaimer in the beginning of the video itself, saying it was just a test for my newly built computer, it still has a theme and a tiny storyline to it (if you use your imagination, that is lol). May I submit that as well? It's not my best work, but it seems to fit the winter theme just too darn well to not try and see if I can include it in the showcase. /endramblings. 

--

November 29, 2013 at 4:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

The categories are not so defined that it matters too much. It could be under Traditions or it might fall under special gift, which really is a bit of a wild card category anyway. The important thing is to share it! I'm excited to see what you'll come up with.

And yes, feel free to submit the December one too. In showcases like this the more people who share, the more everyone's work gets noticed because more submissions means more interest from the community.

--

November 30, 2013 at 7:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Moon Entertainment

Why not start this off a little. 

Not really sure which category it would land under. 

--

December 2, 2013 at 2:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

Yay! A first submission. I"m going to work on a little something too. I just can't decide what.

This is probably traditions don't you think?

--

December 2, 2013 at 6:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Moon Entertainment

Traditions was what I was thinking too.

--

December 2, 2013 at 6:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

StephyDee
Alrighties! I'll go ahead and submit this then. Now that it's officially the proper month, it'll fit right in. HD it if your internet allows, and I hope you enjoy! . Edit: ok, for some reason I can't see the video I embedded here. If you guys can see it, yay! If not, i'll just leave the link to it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mbJ8CPH1Gg
--

December 3, 2013 at 3:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

morathami

Wow, a great challenge again! I would love to join :) Hope I could :(

But I'm not really understand the theme categories :/

--

December 5, 2013 at 1:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

Welcome Morathami. Yes, it would be great to join. I will go back to the first post and type some examples to help understand better, but really the important thing is to be in the theme of Christmas, New Years, Winter Solstice or whatever else you might celebrate at this time of year like Hanukkha for example.

update - I have added some more explanation. I hope that this helps.

--

December 5, 2013 at 9:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jorgha Haq
Administrator

The Michaels' Family holiday card.

--

http://www.simsweeklyworldnews.info
http://jorgha-haq.tumblr.com/

December 7, 2013 at 9:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

I have one done but I can't share it until SF Magazine is released. I can't wait to post it!

LOVE This Jorgha!

--

December 8, 2013 at 7:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

smokytopaz

Traditional holiday card I guess........

--

December 10, 2013 at 8:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

Beautiful Smoky, it makes me think, half jokingly but half not, that we should have a line of printable Christmas cards.

--

December 11, 2013 at 7:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

Finally I can share my greeting from SF Magazine.

--

December 14, 2013 at 4:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

morathami

Thank you for your explanation, Minraed :)

--

December 14, 2013 at 6:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

morathami

Yeay, finally! I think my photo is Traditions, right? :) (Correct me If I'm wrong)

About My Submission: "If you don't have chimney on your roof, don't forget to unlock the door so Santa can put the present into your house, NOT in front of your house "

And again, sorry for my bad english.

--

December 14, 2013 at 6:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

haha.. that's great Morathami.

You are from Indonesia right?  What are your traditions there? How do you celebrate Christmas? Or do you even celebrate Christmas. There are so many things I don't know about our members from all over the world.

--

December 14, 2013 at 10:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

StephyDee

Smoky! Minraed! Loving those cards! I love the scenery of Smoky's and the vintage, faded look of Minraed's! Actually, I'm loving ALL of these submissions so far! I love how festive it all is! Would you believe I've been sick for the past week and a half? First I had a bad cold, and then as soon as that ended, I went and got the stomach flu! Oy.

With that said, I'm gonna try my best to finish the machinima I was working on before the deadline! Sadly, there was no way I could work on it while I was sick. I was bedridden with only access to my phone and ipod . Boo. :( I shall keep going at it though. ;)

--

December 15, 2013 at 12:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.