Simatography 

and homebase of SIFF

Forums

Forum Home > SIFF Spring 2014 - CLOSED > SIFF Chatter - Let the Films Begin!

Minraed
Site Owner

So, what's up? This is just a place to start chatting about our next SIFF. Still a while away, but you know how fast it comes up.

--

December 7, 2013 at 5:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jorgha Haq
Administrator

All ready getting stuff together for the band challenge. Hoping to have the rules done in an issuu document by the end of the weekend.

Need to get a few promo things done too because it's opening Jan 6.

--

http://www.simsweeklyworldnews.info
http://jorgha-haq.tumblr.com/

December 7, 2013 at 8:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ballantyne

Sorry to ask, but is SIFF Spring 2014 the 10th SIFF? I had the idea that it was but I'm not sure if it was spring or fall.

January 4, 2014 at 4:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CloudwalkerSims

I think it's the fall one, Ballantyne, but not all that sure. I've only been making Machinima since '12.

I'm neck-deep in the Spring Siff entry! I wasn't sure I would have one, but I'm working with someone and it's really exciting and coming together smoothly. Very excited.

--

January 4, 2014 at 5:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

Ya, we're just planning ahead, building some momentum and getting excited is all. Sorry for the confusion.

--

January 4, 2014 at 6:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Nanami

I'm planning to enter siff on spring, but i'm not really sure :/ if i'd enter, i'd start filming now, since school won't let me x_x 

i hate architecture

--

January 4, 2014 at 7:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

nevermind school, I have no kids, a job that involves no overtime or anything I have to take home, and still I have no time for all the fun I want to have.

--

January 4, 2014 at 9:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ballantyne

Ah ok, so SIFF Fall is the 10th then. Good to know :)

I'd really like to submit something to SIFF Spring 2014. I'm still ashamed that I haven't finished my 2013 entry (it's stuck in Limbo right now). I think I might just submit something short on the side. Maybe a 1-2 minute short film. I don't know. 

January 4, 2014 at 10:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

There are many options Ballantyne, ads can be fun and they are short. We've seen some hilarious ones in the past. As a sneak peek, for the 10th anniversary I am hoping to revive the 5 facts videos. Don't be ashamed though, it happens to many of us. I have so many started, but not finished projects it is not funny.

--

January 5, 2014 at 6:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ballantyne

Thanks Min :)

January 5, 2014 at 3:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

The Playbill has been started! Check out what we have so far

PLAYBILL HERE

--

February 2, 2014 at 9:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CloudwalkerSims

um, not sure if we'll make it for SIFF! (sent you email) We're trying though, but we don't want to rush :)

--

February 2, 2014 at 12:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

VOTE VOTE VOTE

it is that time, voting is underway for

Band Posters

Film Posters

Film Trailers

VOTE HERE

--

March 4, 2014 at 6:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Nanami

I already uploaded mine! got time this weekend and decided to devote it on that

--

March 4, 2014 at 11:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

sylentwhysper

I've voted.  Still need to see all the trailers though, so gotta wait on that poll.

--

March 5, 2014 at 10:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

sylentwhysper

Just watched all 27 trailers and commented on them all.  Took me a while but it's done and now I can vote.  I hope everyone will take the time to watch them all and vote because we seriously have some AMAZING movie trailers! 

--

March 8, 2014 at 8:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CloudwalkerSims

I need to do this tomorrow! I voted for the posters, but now it's time to break out the popcorn and watch the trailers.

--

March 8, 2014 at 10:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

sylentwhysper

@Cloudwalker, yup you will need that popcorn.  It took me about 2.5 hours but I was stopping to leave comments and taking notes cause I didn't want to forget the ones I wanted to vote for.  LOL.

--

March 8, 2014 at 11:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

I did the same Sylent. It was great to watch them all and to see so many new people joining in this year. And wow! What a variety!

--

March 9, 2014 at 6:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

Tomorrow is March 15th, day one of film releases. I hope I can sleep. I'm so excited.

Here is the plan.. I wake up 6am in whatever my time zone is, now in daylight savings. Eastern Savings Time or something. Anyway, if you are really crafty you might find some Australian releases hours before I wake up.  As soon as I get up I'll start posting and sharing what I find released, then Jorgha and Peace will take over. Be patient, it can take a while to get them all organized, but over the next few days you'll keep seeing more coming out.

Have fun at the movies!  I can't wait to hear what you think of all of this year's great submissions.

AND - Band voting begins tomorrow!  Watch for it.

--

March 14, 2014 at 9:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.