Simatography 

and homebase of SIFF

Forums

Forum Home > SIMS 3 life - gameplay chats for The Sims 3 players > Twallan's departure

CloudwalkerSims

I'm sure most of you know by now that Twallan has retired.

We knew it was coming, but it's sooner than I thought. I had thought he'd wait until 4 was released.

The machinima community owes him so very much. He made making our videos, well, 'doable'.

I"m in shock I think. I know I'll never patch again no matter what EA brings out.

So long Twallan and ...

--

January 5, 2014 at 1:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

I was pondering the same thing about patching. I can't possibly live without the mods. It will be interesting to see what comes with Sims4, but the great thing is that we have so much potential still unreached with The Sims3 that we don't have to rush into making Sims4 work for us right away.

As for Twallen, I can't begin to imagine all of the hard work he has put into it. Surely he has something to gain from this? I wonder what? I don't believe I have seen his own personal creations that may have benefitted. Does anyone know?

--

January 5, 2014 at 2:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ballantyne

Didn't realize he had decided to retire so soon. Just looked it up :( Very sad news, but I don't blame the guy for retiring, he has been working tirelessly for years on his mods. 

@Min, I've never seen any of his personal creations either, but he is absolutely amazing for doing what he does. 

January 5, 2014 at 3:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Nanami

Oh, well, i hope he enjoys his retirement! i bet he's tired after so many years!

--

January 5, 2014 at 4:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CloudwalkerSims

personal creations? I think modding is his 'creation' :) From time to time I've seen a few screenshots from him at TFM's, but he lies low.

--

January 5, 2014 at 5:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

I suppose that a person who's interest lies in modding, gaming, and perhaps a career in the gaming world would do something like this for practice.

--

January 5, 2014 at 6:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

sylentwhysper

He probably doesn't realize how much he will be missed. 

--

January 5, 2014 at 9:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

I think that he may realize it, but I am sure that despite all of our love, he probably doesn't fully appreciate the scope of what he has done for all of us. Hopefully he is walking away having gotten something out of it.

--

January 6, 2014 at 12:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CloudwalkerSims

Twallan, from what I know of him, is a far superior game developer than EA has :) Also, a little birdie told me he gave a couple of excellent modders all his code prior to the announcement, so perhaps they'll help us out with the new patch.

And, just like I do not play, but find pure joy in making items, I guess that seeing his scripting change gameplay is his reward. I know a lot of modders, and they enjoy the challenge of 'ohhh, I wonder if I can make them do that?'

I get a mere smidgeon of the grief from people who download my things, I don't know how he's kept his grace and humour for all this time. (Although, I'm sure privately he screams at some of the whiners LOL)

--

January 6, 2014 at 12:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.