Simatography 

and homebase of SIFF

Forums

Forum Home > SIFF Spring 2014 - CLOSED > SIFF Red Carpet Venue Building Challenge

Tabby Lloyd
Administrator

SIFF NEEDS A NEW RED CARPET!

I headed out with my camera crew to our brand new remodeled Le Cinema Plumbob, which was to be the new home of SIFF this season. To my surprise, when I arrived the place was a disaster zone. Construction has barely begun! We will never be ready in time at this rate.

SIFF needs you -  builders and set designers - to help us be ready in time for the VIP Red Carpet

Venue Criteria
your venue must include the following rooms and spaces

• an outdoor Red Carpet so that our reporters can take photos of all of the beautiful stars (the red carpet backdrop will be ready soon)

• a green room for our stars and celebrities to schmooze and prepare for their photoshoots, screenings and interviews and perhaps grab a cocktail (google green room for ideas, especially if you don't know what a green room is because it doesn't necessarily have to be green ;) )

• an interview space - a stage perhaps or some other type of studio for our reporters to conduct interviews (think talk show stage)

• a private screening room, or small exclusive theatre

Additional tips

• the venue does not need to be a HUGE undertaking - a 40x40 or 50x50 lot would probably suffice - use your judgement

• technically speaking, this venue does not need to be a feat of engineering, the primary purpose is for use in photos, reporter's stories, talk show interviews and other such celebrity fun. (but do feel free to embellish so that it looks pretty both inside and out for presentation purposes as people may choose to add it to their towns)

• to make the venue ideal for photography the spaces should be somewhat large, enough to get into camera mode and get good angles. If you are not a photographer yourself, we encourage getting a photographer to give you feedback or guidance on your progress.

• custom content will need to be listed so that people wishing to download and use your lot will be able to have it look the same as in your photos, so consider this as you build since it may be a lot of extra work when you try to make up your cc links listing. Using CC is not a requirement.

Steps for Submissions

• Announce your submission in this thread with one main photo, and a link to where it can be downloaded.

• any cc that you feel should be necessary for the venue should be listed with links so that people know what and where to download - the links can either be here or on your own website where the download is made available. If you do not know where to put the venue for downloading, ask us here and someone will give you suggestions.

• If you wish to share more photos please add them to the Red Carpet photo album HERE

• DEADLINE - March 1st

Submissions will all be made available for any Simtographers to use as they see fit during the film screening period where we will encourage Red Carpet photography, interviews etc. The official venue will be selected from amoung the staff and will be use for a variety of official purposes both now and at future cycles of SIFF

Feel free to ask any questions here, and share with us if you plan to join in.

--

January 7, 2014 at 9:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Peacemaker
Administrator

If anyone needs help or advice, they are free to contact me here, or on tumblr. I am happy to help out and aid in any way I can :)

--

January 7, 2014 at 10:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jorgha Haq
Administrator

I may be biased but seriously, Peace is the person to go for if you need building advice. He built our last venue in record time. :)

--

http://www.simsweeklyworldnews.info
http://jorgha-haq.tumblr.com/

January 7, 2014 at 10:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

I know building isn't our forte around here most of the time, but since we all build set designs from time to time I hope we will see some creative sets here for our Red Carpet Venue. I hope to have mine done in time, but if anyone knows me.. well let's just say the chances are slim so I'm counting on our creative community for this one. I have seen a few sneak peeks of some people's ideas though.

--

January 16, 2014 at 6:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CloudwalkerSims

I could submit my Grauman's if needed (lots of CC though)

--

January 16, 2014 at 6:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Moon Entertainment

I have one in the works. Keeping track of the cc is holding me up some. xD

--

January 17, 2014 at 12:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ronson_14

This sound interesting! Why not to try this? :)

January 17, 2014 at 1:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ronson_14

This is what I found writing on Google "green room backstage". This can be really useful!

January 17, 2014 at 1:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

The thought of NEEDING this venue is as much roleplay as anything. It's just another fun way for people to be creative. But if we get some that work, we will use them for photos. This is the reason for the CC thing. You don't HAVE to list all of the CC, but if we download to photograph and don't have the cc it won't turn out as awesome as intended.

--

January 17, 2014 at 5:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Petalbot
I'm working on an entry. I have the interior to do and some landscaping to finish up. It's Art Deco style. I'll post a preview pic tomorrow. The front is pretty much done. I'm going to work really hard on it tomorrow to make the deadline. I'm hoping to have it up by Thursday.
February 23, 2014 at 9:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Moon Entertainment

Gaia's Garden Theatre

Finally got this finished up. You can find the download link to it here and it includes a list for all the custom content that was used on this lot. More pictures in the album here.

--

February 24, 2014 at 6:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

ooh Petabot! I would LOVE to see an art deco version. I can't wait. The more theatres the better, then different people can use what they like. Besides, at real Film Festivals there are always a few theatres used for Red Carpets.

OMG Demeter, I've been watching your progress and this is incredible.

We will use these as we go forward with this SIFF but also into the big 10th anniversary so hopefully they will get good use.

--

February 24, 2014 at 7:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Calvaria

Marquee Theater

DOWNLOAD + Required EP : here

More pics : here

--

February 24, 2014 at 8:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Petalbot

Very, very nice venues Demeter and Calvaria! Love them! 

I didn't get as far as I thought I would today.  I did get the screening room done and part of the foyer.  I'm not quite sure I'm going to make it by the deadline now though with the work week starting tomorrow, but I'll try my hardest!  The exterior went fairly fast, so I thought maybe the interior might as well...boy was I wrong!  I shouldn't have been so lazy earlier in the week.

Here is a preview of the lot. 

It's a 40X40.  The showtime posters on the wall are place holders for SIFF and machinima posters.  I think the red carpet has some good views when close up.  I also tried to leave space to put in a crowd or a limo.  Their are three floors.  The gound floor contains the foyer, snacks, and screening room.  The middle floor is the greenroom and the top floor will contain the spot for interviews. 

February 24, 2014 at 11:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

Whee! It is like winning a lottery today!

Calvaria! Hello and welcome! and wow! And Petalbot, thanks for the sneak peek. This is awesome!

We are going to definitely have some fun with these. I'll be doing some promoting over the weekend and they will all go in the SIFF Buzz in this next weekend's issue.

--

February 25, 2014 at 6:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

Finally today I'm doing the SIFF Buzz that will feature these awesome build submissions. I can't wait to get them into my game too.

--

March 9, 2014 at 6:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

You will find that I've created two separate forum threads for the two AMAZING venues to make them easy to find in the future, because we want to have these available to everyone for the big SIFF 10th anniversary coming in the Fall.

Marquee Theatre HERE

and

Gaia's Garden HERE

And of course, Petalbot, no matter when yours is finished, we will be excited to share it too!  The deadline was just so that we could use them for some Red Carpet photos this season, but I have plans for them for the Fall and other future SIFF so better late than never. It is looking gorgeous so I'm dying to see it.

Oh, and look for them in today's release of SIFF buzz coming out in a few hours.

--

March 9, 2014 at 9:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Nikki Star Projects

petalbot Amazing!

--

- Nikki Star:)

March 10, 2014 at 5:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

I noticed Petalbot has posted some pics! Ooh, it's looking great.

Check them out HERE

--

March 15, 2014 at 4:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ansett 4 Sims

Hoyata's Theatre

I do apologise the lot if 64x64 huge! :/ But I took alot of effort to build this theatre. :)
effort. 

But congratulations to Petalbot! :D 

Download: http://modthesims.info/d/508102

--

March 21, 2014 at 5:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.