Simatography 

and homebase of SIFF

Forums

Forum Home > SIFF Fall 2014 - 10th Anniversary Cycle - CLOSED > FILM POSTERS Fall 2014

Minraed
Site Owner

Yes film makers, it is that time again!

It's time to start promoting your SIFF films and one great way to do that is to participate in the Film Poster Challenge to start creating buzz and anticipation for your film.

The rules are simple:

• Create a film poster!
  • Add your poster to the poster album in the photo gallery HERE.
  • Right click on your poster once you have it in the gallery and click "Save image location" and repost it here in this forum using the picture location url you just got from the last step.
  • Film posters must be the correct size, see the details below
  • If you are going to use a SIFF or simatography logo, they must be current versions found HERE on our assets page.

Tips for film posters:

Create a poster that looks like a real life film poster, use google for ideas.

Be sure to use A4 international paper size, or  831x1169 dimensions with a 300 dpi resolution for best quality. Odd sizes will not show up in the Simatography magazines and will not be able to be made into a CC wall hanging for your game.

Tips for Promotion:

Post your poster on our Facebook page, on your own facebook page/blog/other social sites, on TS3 forums... anywhere that you think will get you some publicity and build a base of fans that want to see your film.Post it in our TS3 fourms page.

All film posters created will be listed for voting by our fans too!

Deadline is September 1, 2014

Notes on voting:

We will open voting as soon as possible after the deadline. The polls will close on film release day, September 15th and will be announced in the SIFF Buzz closing magazine after all films and voting have been completed.

--

July 4, 2014 at 6:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

Cloudwalker shared this awesome tutorial link over in our other thread, so I'm sharing it here too. 

http://design.tutsplus.com/tutorials/create-a-post-apocalyptic-movie-poster-in-adobe-photoshop-and-indesign--cms-21220?scid=social_20140628_26897306

--

July 4, 2014 at 6:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dice Smith

So excited!! This is always one of my favorite parts of SIFF. I can't wait to see everyone's posters and to finish mine. :)

--

July 5, 2014 at 3:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

TwistTVShow

--

-TwistTVShow

July 7, 2014 at 10:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dice Smith

OMG Twist!!!!! I'm dying to see this even more now!! <3 And you told me you weren't good at making film posters...you liar you... ;)

--

July 8, 2014 at 2:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

lolaloak7

~Lola Loak~

July 9, 2014 at 12:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jorgha Haq
Administrator

Lola, please post your poster to the gallery here on Simatography. If you need help using it, please let us know and someone will give you directions. We can't use images hosted anywhere else. Thanks :).

July 9, 2014 at 12:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Moon Entertainment

lolaloak7 at July 9, 2014 at 1:20 PM

Jorgha Haq at July 9, 2014 at 12:29 PM

Lola, please post your poster to the gallery here on Simatography. If you need help using it, please let us know and someone will give you directions. We can't use images hosted anywhere else. Thanks :).

Thanks for the notice and How do you do that

Go to the gallery and select the album that says film poster. At the right there will be a button that tells you to add your photo. Simply click on that then browse to the folder your photo is saved in and upload it to the album. Then once its done loading just hit submit. 

--

July 9, 2014 at 2:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

Lola, and a reminder for others, can we please remind everyone not to grab random old logos from around the site. I'm not sure where the old ones are still lingering, if you let us know we can remove them to avoid confusion.

Our logos that we wish to be used are linked in the information at the first message which is HERE

--

July 9, 2014 at 6:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

GrayLeeStudios

Here ya are!

--

MeridianGray

July 11, 2014 at 10:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

XxLittleAngelCakexX

Here it is :P
July 15, 2014 at 1:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

Great posters so far. I will be posting them onto the playbill beside your film submssions this coming weekend.

--

July 16, 2014 at 8:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NaiRaProducTioN

July 16, 2014 at 8:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheNavyCISFan

There are so many great posters already. Here is mine:

July 19, 2014 at 6:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

simifyied

I loved everyone else's posters, you all did a great job! Here's mine:

July 19, 2014 at 2:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

Awesome everyone. Your posters, the ones that I found in the gallery, are all being added to the playbill now.

--

July 21, 2014 at 6:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dice Smith

WHOA!! LOOK AT ALL THESE POSTERS!! *___* I WANT TO WATCH THEM ALL! :D *begins counting down the days*

Here is my poster for my new series Reconstructing Abbigail. And I'll be back soon to add TwistTVShow and I's poster for our project in a few minutes here too. :)

--

July 22, 2014 at 4:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TwistTVShow

Dice Smith at July 8, 2014 at 2:13 AM

OMG Twist!!!!! I'm dying to see this even more now!! <3 And you told me you weren't good at making film posters...you liar you... ;)

LOL Dice I'mg glad you're excited and all, but really, lol, I still think I have a lot to learn with making these things. I'm gonna go ahead and upload our poster since you said tooooooo.

--

-TwistTVShow

July 22, 2014 at 8:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TwistTVShow

Dice and I ended up dabbling over our poster together and I was the last one who had it before she had to go. xD So I'll be posting it for her!

We both made this poster together, not just me! It is for an MEP film after all.... first of its kind, heheh ;)

--

-TwistTVShow

July 22, 2014 at 8:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Moon Entertainment

Dyn0123465 at July 24, 2014 at 9:38 PM

http://simatography.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=193842296

How do I add my Poster here lol?

If you go into the gallery and right click on your photo click copy photo url. Come back here to make your post and click on the little blue picture icon on the top and when the window that asks for the photo url right click in it and paste the link that was created and you're poster should show up. :) 

--

July 25, 2014 at 3:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.