Simatography 

and homebase of SIFF

Forums

Forum Home > Sims 4 Life - Gameplay chat for the Sims 4 players > Sims 4 CAS pre-release demo

Minraed
Site Owner

I had the opportunity for an early peek at the CAS demo so you can find my photos in the gallery HERE

I'm also posting on Facebook.

I thought I would share a quick few thoughts on my CAS experience and what it makes me think of for our community. 

Sim creation allows now for some very specific manipulation, that paired with a growing line of hairs, facial hair, makeup etc over time, will I think give us much more variability than we have now in game alone.

CC is of course another story. I don't make CC myself, but I think I see a base here for some pretty spectacular things.

This CAS demo doesn't allow me to explore much of what we really want to know about machinima making and photo taking in game, but what I do see is some very fluid animations with a very noticeable "alive" feeling. It is difficult to describe, but I think that other people will say the same when they "feel" how the sims character just pops with the more natural body movements.

NO COLOUR WHEEL - I can't say this enough. This is killing me. You can't tweak the hair, eye, clothing colours at all. Sure there are options, but not endless options so often you cant' match a pant and top or shoes together because they don't come in the right colours. I personally will not be able to work with this if I am trying to do something really creative in my photos or machinima.

So, those are the points that I have been able to figure out so far. If you have any questions that you would like me to explore from what I have available now, I will try to answer for you.

--

July 8, 2014 at 8:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

Obviously I had to start by creating Minraed.

I love these non-sliders. Manipulation of each element is so much easier with this tool. I really do love this. You can start with the bigger elements, or zoom in for finer details.

--

July 8, 2014 at 8:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

Preset styles could be something creators might have fun with.

It includes the clothes and makeup.

--

July 8, 2014 at 8:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

The clothing most of the time comes with some colour choice options and sometimes a pattern or plain option.
We may need to rely on creators to give us the variety we want with pattern and colour combinations.
The thing I found most frustrating was that I couldn't even tweak the colour. Minraed wears a slightly burgundy red colour and this just wasn't quite right. I just found myself wanting a colour wheel at least.

This same frustration went with makeup and hair.

--

July 8, 2014 at 8:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

I really love the graphics - more cartoony yes, I don't really love that so much, be despite that the range of emotion and the feel of the characteristics blows me away.

--

July 8, 2014 at 8:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

The built in nationalities options are awesome. I am so happy to see this. While we could make them in Sims 3 with some effort, this makes it so much easier to quickly create more multi-cultural sims.

--

July 8, 2014 at 9:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

I am very excited to see what the game will bring in terms of animations, facial expressions etc.
This one just cracked me up.

--

July 8, 2014 at 9:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

I just posted some hair shots in the gallery, linked in the first post here.
I like this one. The texture detail is awesome.

--

July 8, 2014 at 10:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

I've added a quick mini-review in the first post about my impressions, from the view of what we do as machinima makers and photographers.

--

July 10, 2014 at 6:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.