Simatography 

and homebase of SIFF

Forums

Forum Home > How Goes the Project? > How should the story end?

MsSunnyMuffins

I know asking for an ending is a bit....much, considering that's like the most or 2nd most important part, but I just can't decide. It's a story about a girl in the hospital who has really bad cancer. So bad, the nurses like to keep her inside and innactive a lot. She's sitting inside all sad as kids play outside, when a boy walks up to her window and as time goes on they become friends. The main point of the story is explaining how people who are "trapped" (physically or mentally) by something strive to get out of it no matter the consiqences.Then we get to the end. The last words of the whole story will be something like "I sing for freedom." Does the girl either...

A - She's telling this whole speech as the boy goes up to her window on the day. He looks inside and the girl is gone. There are more hints I haven't figured out yet, but basically the reader gets that she's dead, then, as the boy cries, she says, I sing for freedom.

or B -  She's telling this whole speech as the boy goes up to her window on the day. He looks inside and the girl is gone, however, this time he's all confused like where is she, and right when he starts to think she's dead, she walks up to him (meaning her cancer was cured, or lightened, and she was let out of her hospital room) and then she says in voice over speech form,  I sing for freedom.

--

July 28, 2014 at 4:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Incandescent

Well, both endings are quiet acceptable for an ending to your story. I like Choice B because the viewer would be surpised to see that she is not there. And as the viewer, they begin to create their own conclusions to what happened to her. Did she die, or did she survive? I like Choice B because it gives the viewers a boarder area for interpretation to her absence. Maybe instead of her being fully healed from cancer, she approaches her friend, as an angel? And he doesn't realize it until she's finished with her speech, and fades away, and then the voice-over could be heard: "I sing for freedom". This is a really interesting story, and I can't wait to see what you decide to do! Good luck! I'll keep a look out for your project!

--

July 29, 2014 at 6:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MsSunnyMuffins

Incandescent at July 29, 2014 at 6:15 PM

Well, both endings are quiet acceptable for an ending to your story. I like Choice B because the viewer would be surpised to see that she is not there. And as the viewer, they begin to create their own conclusions to what happened to her. Did she die, or did she survive? I like Choice B because it gives the viewers a boarder area for interpretation to her absence. Maybe instead of her being fully healed from cancer, she approaches her friend, as an angel? And he doesn't realize it until she's finished with her speech, and fades away, and then the voice-over could be heard: "I sing for freedom". This is a really interesting story, and I can't wait to see what you decide to do! Good luck! I'll keep a look out for your project!

I reeeeeeally love the angel idea! It's a bit beyond Movie Maker's editing ablities but I think I can work something out XD

If I use that I'll probably throw your name in the credits. I just kind of feel like I have to. I answered your question BTW before I saw this, the one about continuing your series (funny how we answered each other XD)

--

July 29, 2014 at 10:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Incandescent

Oh, my God! You are SO welcome! I'm glad I could help you out! I like the angel idea, as well! As for Window's Movie Maker, the effects ARE limited. But, that's where you get creative, that's what machinima is all about! Creativity! And I would be flattered to be in the credits! Lmfao! What is the name of this project? And do you have a youtube link that I could visit?

--

July 30, 2014 at 12:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.