Simatography 

and homebase of SIFF

Forums

Forum Home > How Goes the Project? > Unlucky: Is It Lucky Enough?

Incandescent

Well, hello to anyone who decided to read this topic in the forums. I have been having a hard time creating new episodes for my current Sims 3 series: Unlucky. I am going into the second episode of the second season, and I have been struggling to decide whether or not to continue the series. I feel that it has not grabbed anyone's attention or gained any fans. If this series was to be cancelled, no one would even notice. I put SO much time and effort into this series, and for the past two years in making the episodes I have no fans, no views, no subscribers, or no comments. I feel defeated. I mean, I tried promoting in during in the last SIFF, but the people that commented were forced to state their opinions to show their support. And I feel terrible when I ask for people's criticism. I also asked for advice, and a lot of them said just to keep making the episode and the viewers, and the fans will eventually come. But, it's almost been two years since the series launched. Do I continue? Or do I put it down, and move on? I mean, I love the stories, and the characters. I don't mean to sound clingy, or selfish, I just want to understand when to let a series go. Is it good enough to keep going? I just feel defeated that each episode only has 19 views with no likes or comments. Because that is what gives me the inspiration to keep going. What is it that I do? Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!

--

July 29, 2014 at 6:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MsSunnyMuffins

Can I get a link to the series please? I had a similar problem with my first series "Nerdy Girl." The reason I wasn't getting any vewis was because as a voice actor (quite rudely) mentioned to me, it was terrible. I cancled it to improve my skills but I don't know how good yours is or how many subbies you have. A little more could better gauge my advice.

--

July 29, 2014 at 10:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MsSunnyMuffins

Scratch that, I found it. I think it's acutally doing okay. I mean, it's a subtitle series. While there are SOME good ones, most people like voices, and for about 100-200 subscribers the amount of veiws you're getting per vid is normal. It's not till you have like a good 500-1000 till people start commenting a lot and you get a decent amount of views. Maybe try starting a side series, and if it's way more popular by like the 3rd episode, cancle unlucky. If not, cancle it. That way you can know what you're capable of, but if you still like Unlucky, it's doing just fine, so go on with it.

--

July 29, 2014 at 11:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Incandescent

Thank you, SO much for you input! And I think it's hilarious that we answered each other! Were you able to watch the most recent episodes? Those are the ones where you can see my more improved skills. I have been stuck at 130 subscribers for a long time. I'm just frustrated, and trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I just need the series to get noticed. I really think it has the potential to become something, that's why I don't want to give up on it! And I will take your idea into consideration in creating another side series. But, I'll always be #TeamUnlucky! Lmfao! Thank you for replying! It means a lot. I also answered you on your post, and if you don't see that, just give me your YouTube link here, so I can check you out! Have a nice day, and talk to you soon! Happy Simming!

--

July 30, 2014 at 12:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MsSunnyMuffins

MsSunnyMuffins at July 29, 2014 at 11:40 PM

Scratch that, I found it. I think it's acutally doing okay. I mean, it's a subtitle series. While there are SOME good ones, most people like voices, and for about 100-200 subscribers the amount of veiws you're getting per vid is normal. It's not till you have like a good 500-1000 till people start commenting a lot and you get a decent amount of views. Maybe try starting a side series, and if it's way more popular by like the 3rd episode, cancle unlucky. If not, cancle it. That way you can know what you're capable of, but if you still like Unlucky, it's doing just fine, so go on with it.

Yes, I saw S2 E1. It's really good! My only critisim is that the camera doesn't have to be moving at all times. It's interesting every so often but every single time is noticably wierd to me. I've never seen that before. :P

The project is to be called "I know why the caged bird sings" and I'm entering it in SIFF, so, you'll see it :) I'll post it on my youtube. I'm Mssunnymuffins on there too. Veiwer discression is advised. I'm still not all that good 

--

July 30, 2014 at 5:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Incandescent

Ooooh, thank you for that observation! I will put camera stills into consideration the next time I shoot! And the title of your project intrigues me even more! I can't wait to see it! Good luck in SIFF, you'll definitely hear from me again! I will subscribe to you on YouTube! I hope we can continue to help out each other in the future! Have a nice night!

--

July 30, 2014 at 9:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

Thank you SunnyMuffins for that feedback. Incandescent, as we were chatting before, I would be happy to give you some direct feedback also, but I'm so swamped right now. I will put you on my to do list and I will get to it. I promise. You can always remind me on FB again when you see me there. I don't mind being reminded.

--

August 4, 2014 at 7:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.