Simatography 

and homebase of SIFF

Forums

Forum Home > SIMS 3 - HELP ME > Editing the Writing On Gravestones In TSR Workshop?

Dice Smith

I'm trying to edit the basic gravestone in TSR workshop with the name and date of death for a scene in my upcoming SIFF film. It looks good in workshop however when I save and install it and then load my game, the grave shows up but not how I edited it. Instead it just looks like the basic in game grave. :/ Are the graves just not editable? Or am I just not editing them right? Any help would be greatly appreciated if anyone knows how I can fix this, or knows of a better way/program that I can edit a gravestone with. Thank you! :)

--

March 4, 2015 at 3:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

I will put it out to there to see if anyone outside of here might know too. Good luck. 

--

March 5, 2015 at 6:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Peacemaker
Administrator

being a debug object is probably the issue you are having. You either need to change the object tags, or export the meshes and reimport over a decor object so it shows up as a decor item instead. Everything is editble, its just a matter of making it show in-game which can be problematic with the debug items since graves are scripted. I would personally export the meshes, then import them over a decor item (like the ivy in a pot) and see if that works. Because you aren't editing the mesh, you wont need to go into milkshape.  

--

March 5, 2015 at 6:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dice Smith

Thank you so much Peace!! I'll give that a try tonight when I get home. Then hopefully I'll be able to get my final shots for my film. :D

--

March 11, 2015 at 1:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.