Simatography 

and homebase of SIFF

Forums

Forum Home > Monthly Theme Challenge for Everyone > Beyond the Thunderdome - May 2015

Jorgha Haq
Administrator
Join us for this month's post-apocolypic theme

Each month brings a new challenge and everyone can join in.  We will use your contributions in our next monthly magazine that will be released in May. 

About the theme - Post-Apocolypse

How do you envision life after the "end of the world"? The idea of a post-apocolypic or dystopia society is a popular topic in everything from books to movies to video games. Look no further than Brave New World by Aldous Huxley, The Hunger Games, Divergent, Mad Max (who we stole the theme title from), Waterworld, Blade Runner, the video game Fallout, and the TV shows Defiance, Firefly and believe it or not, Adventure Time.

Do you picture a world reborn, or one trying to hold onto their old ways? Are they flourishing, thriving, or struggling to survive? Was the change for the good of humanity, or the begining of the end?

What can you contribute?
  • advertisements related to the theme (ads for sims, cc, makeup, your sims series story or machinima, costumes etc.) They can be for your own creations, mock ads for something from our sims games, or for your favourite cc creator. We always like to have fun ads in our magazines.
  • stories 
  • photography of course
  • custom content - clothing, objects
  • custom poses or animations (adult/rated R will not be accepted)
  • a build or a lot 
  • tips or tutorials
  • anything you can think of

Who should join?

YOU! EVERYONE! We want to see a variety of Sims 2, 3 and 4.

How do you join?

Just do your creative thing and share it here in this thread. If you are adding images then be sure to post them into our gallery HERE so that we don't miss them, but then share that image here in this thread so followers don't miss it. In other cases you can just share the link here to your submission.

TIP - if you create and submit CC we do recommend creating an ad for it - you can get details HERE

HOW TO ADD PHOTOS to the thread - add the image to the gallery first, then open up the gallery to the full size images. Right click on your image and click "copy image url" or whatever your browser says for that option. Then, come back here and in the reply box you can see the little blue image on the tool bar, that is supposed to be a photo - click that and add the image url to the popup box and voila, your image will show.

DEADLINE Friday, May 15th

ADDENDUM about COVER PHOTOS for the MAGAZINE

Each month I try to select a cover shot randomly. I am always hoping to use something from a different person, but often it is a photo submitted by staff that ends up working. I don't want this to seem unfair. I really DO want to select a variety of contributor's photos, so here is what we look for. Try something like this for a chance to be on the cover. And look back at past covers to see what works. 

The image must...

be top quality graphically, high resolution

most of the picture/subject must be in the centre

must be able to fit words around the image

April 20, 2015 at 3:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

gothkittymimi

hi hi hi :) sorry to bug but im new and i build allot .i have lots of futuristic lots i have built is this what you need or is it more run down towns ? if my lots are ok wwhere do i put them for you to see , im gothkittymimi on the orign gallery :) thanks

April 20, 2015 at 8:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

zoeyzuko

Jorgha....

I'm not sure if I understand this right but did you mean next realease for May or March of next year? Just wondering.

....We will use your contributions in our next monthly next monthly magazine that will be released in March.... (May) not March?

--

Keep smiling :)

April 20, 2015 at 8:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

sylentwhysper

I LOVE this theme!  I may come up with more than a couple of things for it.  :D

--

April 20, 2015 at 2:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TenderWolf

Hooray! So exciting! I've got some ads to contribute! Kudo points go to anyone who can tell me the references. ;)

--

Click the picture to check out my Simblr! 8)

April 20, 2015 at 6:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

rofl  two NON-surprises for the day. 1. Tenderwolf is the first one to post and 2. There are zombies. 

you rock. thanks for getting it started. 

--

April 21, 2015 at 6:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

MaddiSims

April 21, 2015 at 7:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

MaddiSims

April 21, 2015 at 9:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

MaddiSims

OK LAST POST FROM ME I PROMISE! XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4VLCk7EwTM

April 21, 2015 at 10:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

sylentwhysper

@Maddi, really liked the video!

@Tenderwolf, Awesome ads!!

--

April 21, 2015 at 11:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

zoeyzuko

TenderWolf at April 20, 2015 at 6:54 PM

Hooray! So exciting! I've got some ads to contribute! Kudo points go to anyone who can tell me the references. ;)

Tenderwolf: These are good photo ideas for the challenge.  Love the bucket head haha ;)

--

April 22, 2015 at 12:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

zoeyzuko

MaddiSims at April 21, 2015 at 9:50 AM

MaddiSims: Nice photos and these are Sims 4 :o  I had no idea Sims 4 has these CC for masks now too.
I watched your video.  Very nice!

--

April 22, 2015 at 12:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

TitusLinde

uiuiuihhh... already the first entries :O Bravoooo !!! 

For sure a very interesting and popular theme, sooo... I will always come to take a look on your ideas =) 

Have fun with it and have as many ideas as possible ^^ I can't wait to see them all !

--

April 24, 2015 at 9:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TenderWolf

Thanks Min! Glad you like them! :)

LOL Zoey! Yep, the bucket head is a tribute to Crazy Dave in the actual PVZ game. :D

Maddi, that is some great photo editing! Awesome!

--

Click the picture to check out my Simblr! 8)

April 25, 2015 at 12:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sims Berrry

I hope you like it :) (my first time posting a photo on simatography  ^-^)

May 1, 2015 at 9:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

zoeyzuko

Here's a couple of mine I'm trying out for this.  I still have an idea for another style and hope to get it posted before May 15th.

--

May 1, 2015 at 8:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

sylentwhysper

Simsberry, love Oasis Springs, such a perfect location for this theme.  I am about to shoot there myself. 

Zoey, wow!!  Wonderful pics!  Really love the setting.

--

May 2, 2015 at 10:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

sylentwhysper

Sierra and Keifer surviving the fall of the acid rains which has destroyed the surface of the earth.

--

May 2, 2015 at 1:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

zoeyzuko

sylentwhysper at May 2, 2015 at 1:00 PM

Sierra and Keifer surviving the fall of the acid rains which has destroyed the surface of the earth.

Thanks Sylent... and yours are AWESOME!  I love how you created the fall out shelter look.  Sims 4 has great CCs now days :)  I wanted to repost my one photo of Zoey and Marz because of his necklace but too late now so I'll just keep it as is since I have another idea for later of them and we all know of this problem with sims and clothes and jewelry.

--

May 2, 2015 at 1:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sims Berrry

sylentwhysper at May 2, 2015 at 10:41 AM

Simsberry, love Oasis Springs, such a perfect location for this theme.  I am about to shoot there myself. 

Zoey, wow!!  Wonderful pics!  Really love the setting.

Awesome 😊 I love your pictures they are amazing.
May 2, 2015 at 2:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.