Simatography 

and homebase of SIFF

Forums

Forum Home > Monthly Theme Challenge for Everyone > Circus Side Show June 2015

Minraed
Site Owner

About the theme - Circus Side Show (or Freak Show?)

What is your vision of a Circus? We have seen some fun and some freaky, as well as some outright scary themes around the Sims community when it comes to the idea of the Circus. Do you enjoy a fun childhood fantasy, or do you have a fear of scary clowns? Let your imagination run wild and join us for this month's theme. 

What can you contribute?

advertisements related to the theme (ads for sims, cc, makeup, your sims series story or machinima, costumes etc.) They can be for your own creations, mock ads for something from our sims games, or for your favourite cc creator. We always like to have fun ads in our magazines.

• stories
  • photography of course
  • custom content - clothing, objects
  • custom poses or animations (adult/rated R will not be accepted)
  • a build or a lot
  • tips or tutorials
  • anything you can think of

Who should join?

YOU! EVERYONE! We want to see a variety of Sims 2, 3 and 4.

How do you join?

Just do your creative thing and share it here in this thread. If you are adding images then be sure to post them into our gallery HERE so that we don't miss them, but then share that image here in this thread so followers don't miss it. In other cases you can just share the link here to your submission.

TIP - if you create and submit CC we do recommend creating an ad for it - you can get details HERE

HOW TO ADD PHOTOS to the thread - add the image to the gallery first, then open up the gallery to the full size images. Right click on your image and click "copy image url" or whatever your browser says for that option. Then, come back here and in the reply box you can see the little blue image on the tool bar, that is supposed to be a photo - click that and add the image url to the popup box and voila, your image will show.

DEADLINE Monday, June 15th

ADDENDUM about COVER PHOTOS for the MAGAZINE

Each month I try to select a cover shot randomly. I am always hoping to use something from a different person, but often it is a photo submitted by staff that ends up working. I don't want this to seem unfair. I really DO want to select a variety of contributor's photos, so here is what we look for. Try something like this for a chance to be on the cover. And look back at past covers to see what works.

The image must...

be top quality graphically, high resolution

most of the picture/subject must be in the centre

must be able to fit words around the image

--

May 11, 2015 at 7:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ninisims

I am not missing this one....I forgot about last months but what a great issue! Great job everyone and amazing photos :)

May 23, 2015 at 9:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TenderWolf

Clowns are terrifying! lol

I'll be starting work on this one soon! I stumbled upon something on Facebook that fits the theme, so I'll share it here:

Here's the link: (Click!)

--

Click the picture to check out my Simblr! 8)

May 23, 2015 at 11:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

Awesome to see this started. NiniSims, why does it not surprise me to see this style suits you so well. LOVE the pics.  Feel free to keep being inspried and add more. hint hint

Tenderwolf, thank you for sharing that. Maybe we will add it as an ad. Great find. 

--

May 24, 2015 at 5:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ninisims

I dont even know why but I do like this style a lot.  I have done quite a few pics with this theme...haunting, scary and funny :) I do have some more planned, so will try to get them in before the deadline! 

Love that set, Tenderwolf!

May 25, 2015 at 11:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TenderWolf

Thanks, ladies! I'm getting started tonight, in between waiting for a video to upload and the dispute to be taken care of. hehe

--

May 26, 2015 at 9:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

sylentwhysper

Well, I was kind of wrecking my brain with this theme and then Nini drops in with some stunning shots!  Wow, so freaking amazing, seriously killing it! 

--

May 27, 2015 at 2:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sims Berrry

I hope you like this picture! I am going to make more so please stay tuned  ;) And yeah wellcome to the show!

And woha Nini this was amzing! I wish I knew how to make that!

May 28, 2015 at 3:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TenderWolf

Looks great, Berry! :)

I've got an ad to contribute!

--

May 31, 2015 at 9:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

LiLSapphire

--

June 1, 2015 at 11:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ninisims

@Sylent...I don't even know where that came from :) Literally just threw them together in PS but was happy with the result!

@Berry, I love that! What I did has taken me lots of practice.  You should see some of my early stuff...not even as good as your entry O.o

@ Tenderwolf and Sapphire....everything looks great! Wonderful idea for a perfumeand the fair ads look fun :)

June 2, 2015 at 10:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sims Berrry
Thank you @ninisims 😊 I will try to post another one before the deadline ❤
--

June 3, 2015 at 12:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

GemBobMarley/Gemsims

I was doing a shoot with two of my newest Sims, a magician and an acrobat, when things went a bit wrong...

It started off pretty well...

but then...

and then...

which lead to this...

That's the look of revenge...

I think this may have been the best accident that has ever happened in my game. I guess magicians and acrobats don't make great duos.

Everything about this just happened to go perfectly wrong. Not only did they happen to have accidents at exactly the same moment, but the way they fell into each other, the way her foot is practically on her neck, the looks on their faces are hilarious and then that "revenge" face as shes getting up off the floor.

This happened at 4 in the morning and I literally could not stop laughing to myself. I guess that's why we all love this game so much, it's SO unpredictable...

And hey, at least I have something to contribute to this thread now :D

--

http://gemsimssimsblog.tumblr.com/

June 4, 2015 at 12:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ajOya

Hello,

I'm new here. I just signed up today and I come bearing gifts. :D I wanted to participate in the, "Circus Side Show" challenge and I have some cc objects for you.

• (3) Circus Bear Scluptures
  • (3) Circus ElephantÃ????????????????Ã???????????????Ã??????????????Ã?????????????Ã????????????Ã???????????Ã??????????Ã?????????Ã????????Ã???????Ã??????Ã?????Ã????Ã???Ã??Ã?  Scluptures
  • (3) Magician TrunksÃ????????????????Ã???????????????Ã??????????????Ã?????????????Ã????????????Ã???????????Ã??????????Ã?????????Ã????????Ã???????Ã??????Ã?????Ã????Ã???Ã??Ã? 
  • (3) Top Hats (Seating)
  • (1) Magician Backdrop

I hope you will enjoy them. ♥

https://dl.orangedox.com/ajOya-Circus-Set-Pt.1" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Download (OrangeDox)

June 4, 2015 at 9:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ajOya

Sorry about the typos. It will not let me edit my post properly. :/

--

simblr

June 4, 2015 at 9:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

sylentwhysper

Hi AjOya!  What a wonderful contribution to the theme!  Thank you for sharing and welcome to the site.  As soon as I saw your name I knew I had some of your content in my game already.  :D

BTW, having moderator status, normally I'm able to go in and edit or fix people's posts but I tried to edit yours and it won't apply the changes, instead it's adding more gibberish.  It's annoying but Simatography has always been a little glitchy.  Hopefully, one of the Admins will come by and get it cleaned up for us.  :D

--

June 4, 2015 at 11:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

sylentwhysper

@Gemsims, those are some epic shots!  I love the story behind them.  :)

--

June 4, 2015 at 11:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ajOya

Hi @sylentwhysper. Thank you so much for the warm welcome! :D

--

simblr

June 5, 2015 at 1:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jorgha Haq
Administrator

WOW! I just tried to fix the gibberish and typos and the site was all "Sorry, I can't do that, Dave." Sometimes I really want to kick webs.

HEY AJOYA!! Welcome!!! Happy you made it!

--

http://www.simsweeklyworldnews.info
http://jorgha-haq.tumblr.com/

June 5, 2015 at 9:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

You guys aer so awesome. Thank you for your  contributions so far. We will be sure to showcase all of you properly in the June magazine. It is really awesome to see such a variety of different things and some CC. Thank you ajOya

--

June 6, 2015 at 7:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.