Simatography 

and homebase of SIFF

Forums

Forum Home > SIFF Fall 2015 - Season 12 - CLOSED > SIFF Needs a New Venue or Three

Jorgha Haq
Administrator

We haven't opened this challenge in a while due to lack of interest, but now that we have the Sims 4 we are opening the doors again! We want you to design a venue for SIFF.  We are going to do things a little different this time so read on.

Those that have participated in the past are aware we have always picked one venue to be the "official" venue. We aren't going to do that this season for a few reasons. The first is that SIFF is open to TS2, TS3, and TS4 so it would be impossible to pick just one "official" venue.  Second, there is no way that one venue can host all the movie premiere parties or after parties as well as the big celebration. So, what we want are venues appropriate for the awards ceremony as well as premire and after parties for use throughout the SIFF season.

The Rules:

• Venue can be built on any size lot.
  • Venue should not have any custom content if possible. Not everyone uses custom content in game and we need to make the venue accessible to everyone.  *IF* you use custom content, it all should be listed where people can find it, but keep it to a minimum.
  • Venues must be hosted on The Exchange, The Gallery, Mediafire, Box, etc. We can not host them here on Simatography. Please provide the information for downloading your lot.
  • Venue can be built in any style you wish however it MUST contain the following: Red Carpet Area and Main Hall.
  • Venues can be built using TS2, TS3, or TS4.
  • We will need pictures of the outside and inside of the venue, including the red carpet area, stage area, main hall, floor plan and all areas of interest.
  • Post your photos in the gallery and share them in this thread along with your download link.

You can find our branded SIFF backgrounds here for the red carpet area:

Deadline is August 15, 2015

June 16, 2015 at 10:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ajOya

SIFF - Coming to a Theater Near You...

are you ready?

Jools Simming:√?¬† The Flutter Cinema

simatography: SIFF posters, (of course.)

√?¬†

aroundthesims:Theater Seats: | So you can place snacks & cuddle.

√?¬†

budgie2budgie:√?¬† Snacks. Yes, all of them. XD

√?¬†

simdoughnut√??s:√?¬† Ice-cream too. They serve it at our theaters.

√?¬†

inabadromance:√?¬† Theater Tron.

√?¬†

p.s. I change the movie screen to a stage so the bands could perform. :D

--

simblr

June 16, 2015 at 11:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tinkerbelch

ajoya, this is amazing! I love it! XD

June 17, 2015 at 1:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jorgha Haq
Administrator

Just where people aren't scratching their heads here...Last SIFF we did an advert in The Buzz for the Flutter Cinema. Ajoya found it (it's not her build) and wanted to share it here. It doesn't quite fit our need as a "venue" but does deserve some attention as it's SIFF related. I'm just not sure where else on the forum we should put it.

--

http://www.simsweeklyworldnews.info
http://jorgha-haq.tumblr.com/

June 17, 2015 at 2:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

gothkittymimi

going to make a start on the venue build :D then i need to work out how to get my screenshots to show up here

June 29, 2015 at 6:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Munterbaconsims

The Old Slaughterdome - A 2015 SIFF Venue

I hope this is the right place to post this. Here is my Arena venue =)

An old Colosseum that had been renovated into a multi-sport & entertainment venue. A massive pit floor, two stories down brings a whole new meaning to the word "Mosh-Pit".

CC was used to create this, but it was done so sparingly. List of CC is below:

Link To Album: Link

Download Link: MEGA

If anyone wants a CC-Free version I'll be uploading one to the gallery over the weekend. Otherwise, have fun and I hope you enjoy.

Cheers,

Munterbaconsims

July 2, 2015 at 3:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

sylentwhysper

Hello Munter!  Wow, ridiculously cool venue!  Thank you!

--

July 2, 2015 at 4:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jorgha Haq
Administrator

Munter!!! Welcome and thank you!! I was wondering how you were going to do this and it's awesome!!

--

http://www.simsweeklyworldnews.info
http://jorgha-haq.tumblr.com/

July 2, 2015 at 7:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

Munter, I will throw in my welcome and thanks for joining in. We will be featuring these throughout SIFF in our SIFF Buzz magazines. 

--

July 3, 2015 at 6:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Munterbaconsims

Thank you for the welcome Minraed. I may or may not have time to contribute more to this (i.e. battle of the bands), but it looks incredibly interesting.

I have a couple of music related CC sets which could work for builders that want to use CC. Where should I share the links?

Oh and I saw a cool lot on the gallery which could work: Link

July 4, 2015 at 1:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

LiLSapphire

Snooty- A SIFF 2015 Premire Exclusive Party Lounge

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8697712

Snooty

Snooty's red carpet enterance

Common area of the lower floor

"B" and Up and Commer star bar

"A" List Star bar

First Floor layout

Upper Floor common area

"Fantasy" actor and Sim Bar. This area is exclusive for Fairy, PlantSim, and Mermaids

"Supernatural" actors and Sims bar. This area is exclusive to witchs and Vampires

Upper floor layout

More exterior pics

--

July 5, 2015 at 3:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pcom1777

Did the best I could as far as CC goes. You can Download The Lot Here (Mediafire)

You will Need the Neon Lights which can be downloaded Here

Lastly The Theater Seats can be downloaded  Here (Single & Double)

--

YOUTUBE

FACEBOOK

BLOG

July 18, 2015 at 7:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

ooh cool additions to the thread LilSaphire and Pcom - in August, when we start up the SIFF Buzz we will be showcasing these for others do download. 

--

July 18, 2015 at 10:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

Hey Builders - we are sharing your awesomeness in the first issue of SIFF Buzz coming out this weekend. Watch for it.

--

August 1, 2015 at 11:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

sylentwhysper

LilSaphire and PCom, how did I miss the new additions!  Great builds.  I will need to take Red Carpet photos soon, I will be downloading one of these or two or three.  :P

--

August 1, 2015 at 2:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pcom1777

Thanks so much for all that you guys do for the Machinima community! It's the least I can do to give back :)

--

YOUTUBE

FACEBOOK

BLOG

August 1, 2015 at 9:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

gothkittymimi

August 8, 2015 at 6:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

gothkittymimi

im adding my links to imgur of my venue i have made , sorry stred to get it on the gallery but still not working for me , its called monumental awards theater             ,https://www.thesims.com/gallery/198D20833DA511E58B243488E20872CE?fb_action_ids=10203566228836370&fb_action_types=simsfour%3Ashare   ; in the sims4 gallery plzz look for #gothkittymimi  #siff  #simatography   

August 8, 2015 at 7:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

gothkittymimi

sorry i have no siff posters or wall paper ,statues , as im nocc but it would be very easy to add them if you need to :) 

August 8, 2015 at 7:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

Oh it is wonderful Gothkitty. Don't worry about the CC, people can easily add it if they want it there. :)  This one will go into this week's Buzz. 

--

August 11, 2015 at 7:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.