Simatography 

and homebase of SIFF

Forums

Forum Home > Monthly Theme Challenge for Everyone > Alien Nation July 2015

Minraed
Site Owner

About the theme - Alien Nation

Take your Sims out of this world and explore the many Alien possibilities that we have available in all versions of The Sims. We have seen Aliens of such endless varieties over the years that we know this theme is a favourite. Machinimas, modelling, photoshoots and stories pop up all over the community with Aliens involved so let's see what comes to mind when you take a trip to outerspace (or when the aliens come to visit your town). 

What can you contribute?

• advertisements related to the theme (ads for sims, cc, makeup, your sims series story or machinima, costumes etc.) They can be for your own creations, mock ads for something from our sims games, or for your favourite cc creator. We always like to have fun ads in our magazines.
  • stories
  • photography of course
  • custom content - clothing, objects
  • custom poses or animations (adult/rated R will not be accepted)
  • a build or a lot
  • tips or tutorials
  • anything you can think of

Who should join?

YOU! EVERYONE! We want to see a variety of Sims 2, 3 and 4.

How do you join?

Just do your creative thing and share it here in this thread. If you are adding images then be sure to post them into our gallery HERE so that we don't miss them, but then share that image here in this thread so followers don't miss it. In other cases you can just share the link here to your submission.

TIP - if you create and submit CC we do recommend creating an ad for it - you can get details HERE

HOW TO ADD PHOTOS to the thread - add the image to the gallery first, then open up the gallery to the full size images. Right click on your image and click "copy image url" or whatever your browser says for that option. Then, come back here and in the reply box you can see the little blue image on the tool bar, that is supposed to be a photo - click that and add the image url to the popup box and voila, your image will show.

DEADLINE  Friday July 17th

ADDENDUM about COVER PHOTOS for the MAGAZINE

Each month I try to select a cover shot randomly. I am always hoping to use something from a different person, but often it is a photo submitted by staff that ends up working. I don't want this to seem unfair. I really DO want to select a variety of contributor's photos, so here is what we look for. Try something like this for a chance to be on the cover. And look back at past covers to see what works.

The image must...

• be top quality graphically, high resolution
  • most of the picture/subject must be in the centre
  • must be able to fit words around the image

--

June 20, 2015 at 5:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

sylentwhysper

It looks like I'm going to have to get involved in this one too.  Great theme!

--

June 20, 2015 at 9:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sims Berrry
Literally got Get To Work 10 h ago (haven't opened the game yet) so this is I guess meant to be 😊
--

June 20, 2015 at 11:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TenderWolf

Love this theme! I already have several ideas in mind and look forward to seeing what everyone else comes up with!

--

Click the picture to check out my Simblr! 8)

June 21, 2015 at 12:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ninisims

Looks exciting! I am sure we will see some amazing entries :)  Sy, that is gorgeous!

June 22, 2015 at 11:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TwistTVShow

Gah!! This just so happens to match perfectly with my film for SIFF this fall!!

These two are Ethalor & Zheklor, the Martians from my upcoming space movie Black Sun.

--

-TwistTVShow

June 23, 2015 at 11:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

sylentwhysper

Thanks Nini. 

@Twist, wow, those are amazing characters!!

--

June 24, 2015 at 12:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

TwistTVShow

sylentwhysper at June 24, 2015 at 12:54 AM

Thanks Nini. 

@Twist, wow, those are amazing characters!!

Thanks so much Sylent!! I'm super excited for SIFF this Fall ^w^

--

-TwistTVShow

June 24, 2015 at 3:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jorgha Haq
Administrator

Genesis shows off all the plants she's collected from every corner of the galaxy to her human boyfriend.

--

http://www.simsweeklyworldnews.info
http://jorgha-haq.tumblr.com/

June 26, 2015 at 10:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

sylentwhysper

Jorgha, loving all the plants!  I haven't seen all the plants fromt he alien world so this is really cool.

--

June 27, 2015 at 11:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

Oh these are awesome so far. I am totally inspired. 

--

June 28, 2015 at 7:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ajOya

Mother Earth!

What’s happening to you?

I’m not a saint, I’m a soldier,

With orders from the Mighty “Truth”.

Fighting for the greater good…

Bonnie must get to the sun…

--

simblr

June 29, 2015 at 4:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

Gorgeous!

--

June 29, 2015 at 7:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

TenderWolf

Wow, such amazing entries already! Love it!!!

I've got a couple to contribute. One is a video I made a year or so ago, and the other is a Sim I made for part of my Supernatural series. They're not brand new, but they fit the theme! :D

Click here for the video!

Click here for the download!

More is on the way!

--

Click the picture to check out my Simblr! 8)

June 29, 2015 at 3:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

Ok these are a throwback from quite a few years ago where I took Minraed and Sylent Whysper and a couple of my other Sims and made Aliens out of them. 

--

June 29, 2015 at 4:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ajOya

Eww! I'm loving all the screens in this set. Something about those darn aliens lifestyle. :D

--

simblr

June 29, 2015 at 5:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

gothkittymimi

July 1, 2015 at 12:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

gothkittymimi

sorry if this is the wrong place to put my alien home pic ,but i have been tyring to get them to appear in the gallery ,when i upload ,it says uploaded ,then when i try to submit it ,i get plz upload a pic ,its not working foe me :( im not good with computers :roll: plzzz plzzzz can someone tell me what im doing wrong ,i have lots of alien builds i would like to share with you :D

July 1, 2015 at 12:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

sylentwhysper

Hi GothKittty, wow!  I love that build, it's perfect for the theme.  As for the gallery, when you upload the pic, do you wait until the thumbnail shows before you hit submit?  Sometimes, it takes a minute for it to upload completely.  (Otherwise, our host, webs.com, is glitchy at times and sometimes you just have to wait a day to retry something.)

--

July 1, 2015 at 1:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

sylentwhysper

Here's my submissions for this month's theme.  :D

--

July 1, 2015 at 2:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.