Simatography 

and homebase of SIFF

Forums

Forum Home > Monthly Theme Challenge for Everyone > Comic Con August 2015

Minraed
Site Owner

About the theme - Comic Con

The Sims community is often inspired by the stories, series', films and graphic novels of the Comic-Con world. Even if you have never been to Comic-Con or even if you don't know what Comic-Con is, we know that there is something in this theme for everyone. Think pop-culture fantasy, superheroes and villians. If you are not sure, then look at what others contribute, or ask around and we are sure that you will find something that inspires you in this theme. 

What can you contribute?

• advertisements related to the theme (ads for sims, cc, makeup, your sims series story or machinima, costumes etc.) They can be for your own creations, mock ads for something from our sims games, or for your favourite cc creator. We always like to have fun ads in our magazines.
  • stories
  • photography of course
  • custom content - clothing, objects
  • custom poses or animations (adult/rated R will not be accepted)
  • a build or a lot
  • tips or tutorials
  • share your favourite things from the community, we are always looking for simmers to showcase
  • anything you can think of

Who should join?

YOU! EVERYONE! We want to see a variety of Sims 2, 3 and 4.

How do you join?

Just do your creative thing and share it here in this thread. If you are adding images then be sure to post them into our gallery HERE so that we don't miss them, but then share that image here in this thread so followers don't miss it. In other cases you can just share the link here to your submission.

TIP - if you create and submit CC we do recommend creating an ad for it - you can get details HERE

HOW TO ADD PHOTOS to the thread - add the image to the gallery first, then open up the gallery to the full size images. Right click on your image and click "copy image url" or whatever your browser says for that option. Then, come back here and in the reply box you can see the little blue image on the tool bar, that is supposed to be a photo - click that and add the image url to the popup box and voila, your image will show.

DEADLINE Sunday August 16th

ADDENDUM about COVER PHOTOS for the MAGAZINE

Each month I try to select a cover shot randomly. I am always hoping to use something from a different person, but often it is a photo submitted by staff that ends up working. I don't want this to seem unfair. I really DO want to select a variety of contributor's photos, so here is what we look for. Try something like this for a chance to be on the cover. And look back at past covers to see what works.

The image must...

• be top quality graphically, high resolution
  • most of the picture/subject must be in the centre
  • must be able to fit words around the image

Submit your photos to the GALLERY by CLICKING HERE then share them in this thread so everyone will see and be inspired by you. 

--

July 20, 2015 at 9:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

LadyEmillye

This is really cool.  I will definitely being thinking about something to submit for this :)

--

July 20, 2015 at 11:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

TwistTVShow
Comic-con? As in comic convention? As in I should take pictures of nerdy sims and cosplayers and booths in convention centers? o.O
--

-TwistTVShow

July 20, 2015 at 6:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jorgha Haq
Administrator

Yes. That is what this is, Twist :)

--

http://www.simsweeklyworldnews.info
http://jorgha-haq.tumblr.com/

July 20, 2015 at 8:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

pretty much anything goes. I recall seeing clips from Dexter, and so many other shows I love being represented at Comic Con too. I am not sure the best way to describe what it shoud be, but...

A) a pretty open forum creatively

B) Google Comic - Con and images and crazy inspiration there.

C) I am totally obsesed with Marvel myself, so I totally want in on this and finally

D) Daredevil is HOT 8)

--

July 20, 2015 at 9:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Misty4m

--

July 22, 2015 at 6:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

sylentwhysper

Love it Misty!

--

July 23, 2015 at 2:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Misty4m

thank you :)

--

July 23, 2015 at 6:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

TwistTVShow
:D I cosplay all the time too OMG, I actually go to cons all summer so this is right up my alley!
--

-TwistTVShow

July 28, 2015 at 1:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DestinySimmer

I made a thing. 

1: 

--

~~~Destiny~~~~ 

Fb page:

https://www.facebook.com/DestinySimmerMachinima

July 29, 2015 at 1:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DestinySimmer

that second part: 

--

~~~Destiny~~~~ 

Fb page:

July 29, 2015 at 1:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

sylentwhysper

Oh!  Destiny, loving the comic strip vibe.  And oh boy is Louise taking avantage of the moment or what!?  LOL!

--

July 29, 2015 at 1:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DestinySimmer

sylentwhysper at July 29, 2015 at 1:31 PM

Oh!  Destiny, loving the comic strip vibe.  And oh boy is Louise taking avantage of the moment or what!?  LOL!

but i mean, wouldn't you? xD 

--

~~~Destiny~~~~ 

Fb page:

July 29, 2015 at 4:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Misty4m

--

July 29, 2015 at 7:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

LOVE these so far. Awesome

--

July 30, 2015 at 6:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

imeloynyan
wow! I would love to give this a try.. let me see.. I'll post my sims cosplay before the deadline :)
--

Loves The Sims from 1 to 4 :)

Check my Simblr :)

July 30, 2015 at 9:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

I would like to make note that our themes can focus on anything related, so not only pics. If you make CC or builds, or if you know of someone elese doing something awesome like cc, or a machinima that fits then share that with us to check out. 

Also - if you hope to see your photo on the cover, have a look at the tips in the intro above - a good vivid image with no words is what I am always looking for as a cover image that will be eye catching. 

--

July 31, 2015 at 6:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

imeloynyan

Hi every one!

This is my version of the cast  of Sailor Moon.. done way way back.. just found it in my sims 4 album.. Will be submitting better anime cosplay soon... working on it now :)

--

Loves The Sims from 1 to 4 :)

Check my Simblr :)

July 31, 2015 at 6:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

sylentwhysper

@Destiny, of course, I would totally hit on Superman!  LOL!

@imeloynyan, Sailor Moon was my first anime way way way back!  Love it so much!

--

August 1, 2015 at 3:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

TenderWolf

Destiny, that is awesome! It's literally a comic book! Amazing! And Misy, I love how your Sims are dresed up at the convention! Looks like they're having a great time! :) imeloynyan, yay for some anime cosplay! The Sailer Moon ladies look great!

I couldn't choose a favorite, so I'll share all three! My Sim self, just like me, is way into Ninja Turtles. Here she is in the official lair from 1987. Cowabunga!

--

Click the picture to check out my Simblr! 8)

August 1, 2015 at 5:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.