Simatography 

and homebase of SIFF

Forums

Forum Home > Monthly Theme Challenge for Everyone > Expand your Horizons - September - October 2015

Minraed
Site Owner

About the theme - Expand Your Creative Horizons

Simatography Magazine is taking a very brief break so our next mag will release for November for the start of a new era. More on that to come so stay tuned. In the meantime, we are feeling nostalgic and wanted to celebrate all of the themes and stories we have been able to tell over the years because of the variety of content that the Expansion Packs (and stuff packs etc) have brought to our games. 

What can you contribute?

• advertisements related to the theme (ads for sims, cc, makeup, your sims series story or machinima, costumes etc.) They can be for your own creations, mock ads for something from our sims games, or for your favourite cc creator. We always like to have fun ads in our magazines.
  • stories
  • photography of course
  • custom content - clothing, objects
  • custom poses or animations (adult/rated R will not be accepted)
  • a build or a lot
  • tips or tutorials
  • anything you can think of

Be sure to tell us which expansion pack you are showcasing. 

Who should join?

YOU! EVERYONE! We want to see a variety of Sims 2, 3 and 4.

How do you join?

Just do your creative thing and share it here in this thread. If you are adding images then be sure to post them into our gallery HERE so that we don't miss them, but then share that image here in this thread so followers don't miss it. In other cases you can just share the link here to your submission.

TIP - if you create and submit CC we do recommend creating an ad for it - you can get details HERE

HOW TO ADD PHOTOS to the thread - add the image to the gallery first, then open up the gallery to the full size images. Right click on your image and click "copy image url" or whatever your browser says for that option. Then, come back here and in the reply box you can see the little blue image on the tool bar, that is supposed to be a photo - click that and add the image url to the popup box and voila, your image will show.

DEADLINE November 1st, 2015 

ADDENDUM about COVER PHOTOS for the MAGAZINE

Each month I try to select a cover shot randomly. I am always hoping to use something from a different person, but often it is a photo submitted by staff that ends up working. I don't want this to seem unfair. I really DO want to select a variety of contributor's photos, so here is what we look for. Try something like this for a chance to be on the cover. And look back at past covers to see what works.

The image must...

be top quality graphically, high resolution

most of the picture/subject must be in the centre

must be able to fit words around the image

--

August 19, 2015 at 6:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ninisims

Love the timeframe and that I can literally do anything with this! Wanted to join the last one but really need to clean out my CC so my game is faster :/

August 21, 2015 at 12:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

We missed you Ninisims! I can't wait to see what you come up with this time around, and there is plenty of time to add to it since I will be taking a short break through SIFF and presenting this magazine in November for the start of a new era. 

--

August 21, 2015 at 6:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

I am going to start things off with three screens I took while playing this EP at the EA office in California.  I was more excited about the opportunity to be at EA than I was for the Supernatural EP (TS3), but I was pleasantly surprised at how much I LOVED it. 

These were taken with no cc and no mods, because I was on the EA computers at the time so I was really happy with how great a no CC pic could turn out (Being a CC hog myself)

--

August 31, 2015 at 6:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

sylentwhysper

Awesome Photos of the Supernatural EP.  Of course, it was one of the EPs I had to have.  :D

--

August 31, 2015 at 8:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

sylentwhysper

Photo Title:  Late Night Cab Drive in the Rain

An unseen oldie from me from Sims 3.  Probably two of the most popular EPs from Sims 3, my photo features Bridgeport from 'Late Night' and the rainy weather from 'Seasons.'

--

August 31, 2015 at 8:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Lil Sparrow

Astonishing photos!

I'm going to participate, do I have to add text or something to the photos, or can they be just photos?

--

xxx Lil Sparrow

September 1, 2015 at 6:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

Oh, they can just be photos, but it is good to make sure that the expansion pack that you are sharing the love of is stated so I can use that info when I do the feature. 

--

September 1, 2015 at 6:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Lil Sparrow

Thanks! :-)

--

xxx Lil Sparrow

September 2, 2015 at 7:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jorgha Haq
Administrator

Is this where we recycle all The Three Bears picturse? :lol:

--

http://www.simsweeklyworldnews.info
http://jorgha-haq.tumblr.com/

September 2, 2015 at 11:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ninisims

Seasons :)

September 15, 2015 at 9:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

As much as I hate to admit that summer is winding down, I do love Fall/Autumn themes and colours. Seasons was such an awesome addition.

--

September 17, 2015 at 6:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ninisims

I'm a winter kinda person myself :) Been rough living down South where it is mosty hot so happy to be moving back to a climate with 4 seasons :)  This expansion was probably my favorite....I think!

September 19, 2015 at 12:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

I'm just giving this a little bump because we do love our EP's. What was your fave, or do you have many? I honestly can't decide. I always get excited with new content and new inspirations.  For example, the views - each new town or theme added so much more to our scenery.  

1. University

2. Supernatural

3. Island Paradise

--

September 28, 2015 at 8:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Plumbobb T.V

Haha this looks fun! Will definitely participate! 

October 6, 2015 at 9:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ninisims

Into the Future was one of my favorite, though all of them have something I like! There was so much to take screenhots of, so many new things to experience--I loved it! 

October 21, 2015 at 1:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

sylentwhysper

Nini, love the last shot with the sunken building or is it a houseboat?

--

October 21, 2015 at 1:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ninisims

It is a houseboat :) There are several in a barren area in front of a wall around the ITF city.  I had the most fun with this EP just in the photography aspects of it. I have way too many scenery shots...lol. 

October 27, 2015 at 12:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.