Simatography 

and homebase of SIFF

Forums

Forum Home > Seasonal Challenges for All > Darkside Challenge 2015

Minraed
Site Owner

Every year, leading up to Halloween, we invite everyone to join us for some spooky fun! 

Even if you don't celebrate Halloween specifically, we invite you to join with your photos, stories and machinimas in the dark spirit of the macabre, or the lighters side of spooky with trick or treats. 

HOW TO JOIN

It is EASY!  Create some photos, a short story, or a short machinima and come back to this forum to let us know about it. 

for PHOTOS - upload them to our Darkside Photo Gallery HERE first becuase we will share the link to this album on our social media channels so people can see your creations. THEN - share your photos here.

• to share your photo in this thread - right click on the image from the gallery, click on "copy image URL" , then come to this forum thread. In the toolbar you see a little blue square which is a photograph - click on that and paste in the image url that you saved.
  • If you are having trouble saving photos - watch out for this problem - if you try to upload the game photos directly with all of the numbers and dashes it won't work - try renaming your photos first with no dashes or characters - just numbers and letters

for STORIES - create your story slides and upload it to any place of your choosing (a blog, tumblr, facebook etc), then post a link here with your cover page, advertisement poster, or a few teaser images. Alternatively you can create a separate album here in our gallery to host your story. 

for MACHINIMA - once your machinima is ready then share the link here with us. One of us will come along and repost it as an embedded youtube video. All you have to do is copy and past the url - you DO NOT need to do anything to create a link - just simply paste the url into the reply box.  

• additional recommendations for machinima makers - we encourage that you take a few good screenshots or other images to represent your machinima and share them in our gallery (optional)

DEADLINE - Saturday, October 31st - Halloween night
--

September 28, 2015 at 7:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

Here are a few inspiration pics to get you started. There are more in the Darkside Gallery...

--

September 28, 2015 at 8:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

sylentwhysper

Yay, I love this challenge.  I'm in for sure!  Just don't know what I want to do, machinima? or Photo story? 

--

September 29, 2015 at 2:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

or both? :D

--

September 29, 2015 at 6:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

sylentwhysper

Let me get this challenge going.

This is Karlina, a Sorceress of Darkness.

--

October 2, 2015 at 9:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

wow! 

--

October 3, 2015 at 7:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DeathPoke1qa

There'll be more on this photoshoot, but for now, I present the Victorian bloodsucker below...

And then an edited photo...

--

https://www.youtube.com/user/DeathPoke1qa" target="_blank">

October 4, 2015 at 9:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

sylentwhysper

@Deathpoke, those are some awesome pics.  I know there must be a story behind all this, hope to see more.

--

October 5, 2015 at 3:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

hey Deathpoke, thanks for joining in with some creepiness. 

--

October 5, 2015 at 6:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

TitusLinde

Today I decided to join this challenge too =) I'm not totally sure with what I will come up, but I will ^^ hehehe... 

Wonderful entry here, Sylent ♥ You did a fantastic job with Karlina =) And I love the dark scene with the "Victorian Bloodsucker !!! Can't wait to see more and... I'm going to work hard on my photos ^^ 

--

October 24, 2015 at 12:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

sylentwhysper

Yay, Titus!  I want to see your pics, I wonder what you will come up with?  :D

--

October 24, 2015 at 3:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

zoeyzuko

ZoeyZuko Tigerwoman

Zoey Zuko and Marius Lenz ... Tigerwoman and Zombieman

--

Keep smiling :)

October 25, 2015 at 3:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

Zoey, those are awesome. I think I need to get into my old photos and find something good to share too. 

--

October 25, 2015 at 6:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

sylentwhysper

OH my Gosh!  Zoey, those pics are incredible.  I love Zoey's costume, seriously killer.

--

October 25, 2015 at 8:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TitusLinde

Ohhh yes,  a great entry from Zoey =) Great costume and perfect background ♥ 

I'm working hard on my entry :O but I will be right in time with a little series of pictures ^^ 

--

October 27, 2015 at 8:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

zoeyzuko

Thank you  thank you all so much!  Yes Minraed you should bring some of yours to here.  You do a great job! :D  I can't wait to see yours Titus!!! :P  And Sylent... Thank you... and yours are awesome ...as always !  And everyone so far that has entered is really really awesome too.  Hope to see more!  This is such a fun challenge.  It always seems to bring out the crazy and wacky side of me with Zoey :roll:

--

Keep smiling :)

October 27, 2015 at 9:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

STUDIOSIMS

Glad to join this challenge with my Halloween Story :D Here: https://www.facebook.com/sims.studiosims/media_set?set=a.1704368969794441.1073741850.100006640637544&type=3&pnref=story

--

October 28, 2015 at 5:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

STUDIOSIMS

sylentwhysper at October 2, 2015 at 9:42 PM

Let me get this challenge going.

This is Karlina, a Sorceress of Darkness.

Excellent as usual ;) <3 <3

--

October 28, 2015 at 5:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

STUDIOSIMS

TitusLinde at October 24, 2015 at 12:18 AM

Today I decided to join this challenge too =) I'm not totally sure with what I will come up, but I will ^^ hehehe... 

Wonderful entry here, Sylent ♥ You did a fantastic job with Karlina =) And I love the dark scene with the "Victorian Bloodsucker !!! Can't wait to see more and... I'm going to work hard on my photos ^^ 

Go ahead, I can't wait to see :D

October 28, 2015 at 5:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

STUDIOSIMS

zoeyzuko at October 25, 2015 at 3:52 AM

ZoeyZuko Tigerwoman

Zoey Zuko and Marius Lenz ... Tigerwoman and Zombieman

Zoey, you scared me :P great job here <3

--

October 28, 2015 at 5:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.