Simatography 

and homebase of SIFF

Forums

Forum Home > SIFF Archives > Red Carpet Challenge - SIFF Spring 2012 CLOSED

sylentwhysper

RED CARPET CHALLENGE

AND SIFF AD CHALLENGES

Calling ALL photographers, story-tellers and machinima makers! 

This is your chance to join in on the SIFF fun even if

you are NOT entering a film into the festival.

We want to see your Sims hit the Red Carpet in high fashion!  Dress up your Sim-self or your favorite Sim models and actors in their BEST and show off on the Red Carpet with some fun attitude!  What are you going to wear?  Who are you going with?  Which celebs might you meet, OH MY!  Everyone is invited to this HUGE event, so I hope you all are excited!!  Woot!

RED CARPET Challenge - There are three categories you can submit to!

• Photography - it's pretty simple.  Just dress up your simmies and take photos of them on the Red Carpet.  Any Red Carpet location is acceptable.  You can easily build a simple Red Carpet set or else we have some pre-built locations for you to download.  The pre-built venues were built by our Staffers or Fans from pass SIFFs.  Get them HERE!        TO SUBMIT:  Once your photos are ready, please enter them into the Red Carpet Challenge photo album HERE.
  • Story-telling -  Create a story with a theme that involves SIFF or the Red Carpet.  It doesn't have to be long, just something fun.  Here are a few ideas - Your Sim gets into some trouble as she gets ready to arrive on the Red Carpet.  OR your Sim meets someone hot on the Red Carpet and falls in love or maybe just trips and fall on their face and embarrasses themself.  Haha. OR the SIFF after party is hopping but an un-announced outer-space alien shows up.  Who knows, get your creativity on.  TO SUBMIT:  Please do not post your whole story here.  What you will need to do is upload your story to your blog or if you don't have a blog, you may start a new album in our photo gallery, upload the pics, title and add descriptions to each scene.  To submit you will need to post a link to your story.  Post the link in this thread.
  • Machinima - make a video with the theme of Red Carpet or SIFF.  Adverts are reccommended, but ANY genre is fine as long as you involve Red Carpet or SIFF.  Your video will be entered into the Festival for voting.  TO SUBMIT: Enter this category by simply posting the link to your video.      

SIFF AD or BANNER Challenge

• SIFF Gear Ad - Gear Ads are to promote our SIFF/Simatography line of custom content.  We have t-shirts, hats, balloons and cars.  Once the poster challenge ends, the winners will be made into cc wallart and you may use those too.  Get the Gear Stuff HERE.  Things to include in your ad - In your ad please provide a catch line to what you are trying to advertise and also include our website url simatography.webs.com.  Adding our logo is also recommended. TO SUBMIT:  Upload your ad to the SIFF Ad photo album HERE.   
  • Banner - Create a banner promoting SIFF or our site, Simatography.  Pretty simple.  Must include our website url simatography.webs.com.  TO SUBMIT:  Upload your banner to the SIFF AD photo album HERE.   

This Challenge runs until the SIFF premiere date,

which is March 15th, 2012.  :)

--

January 2, 2012 at 8:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JN

tsk tsk tsk Sy you know I don't hug! :mad:

--

January 2, 2012 at 9:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

sylentwhysper

JN at January 2, 2012 at 9:21 PM

tsk tsk tsk Sy you know I don't hug! :mad:

Why are you complaining to me?  I'm not the one hugging you.  :P

--

January 2, 2012 at 9:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JN

Yes, but you were the puppet master in this situation! I think i may take some red carpet pics of my own :P

--

January 2, 2012 at 9:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Nanami

yaaaaay!! i love dressing up! :D

--

January 2, 2012 at 9:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

sylentwhysper

JN at January 2, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Yes, but you were the puppet master in this situation! I think i may take some red carpet pics of my own :P

I await your photos.  hehe.

--

January 2, 2012 at 10:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

sylentwhysper

Yay, Nanami, this challenge is perfect for you!  I have always liked your fashion photography photos, you gotta take some for this.  :)

--

January 2, 2012 at 10:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Nanami

sylentwhysper at January 2, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Yay, Nanami, this challenge is perfect for you!  I have always liked your fashion photography photos, you gotta take some for this.  :)

Thank you! gonna make poses just for this!

--

January 2, 2012 at 11:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

sylentwhysper

@Nanami, Yay!!  :)

--

January 3, 2012 at 6:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Evergreen

Love the idea!!

How do you feel about editing on these shots? Yay or Nay?

--

January 3, 2012 at 7:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

Evergreen comes out of hiding. Great to see you again. Evergreen, you know how much we LOVE our true and pure Sims3 photography, but I personally will also be open to using any type of art, edited and all. We will just likely be looking at editing vs pure simtography with a different eye. So I say go for it. I've always loved your work. By the way, you should get working on a poster too!

--

January 3, 2012 at 8:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

stephkline

I'll have a go ! Why not sounds FUN!

--

xoxo Studio 54

January 3, 2012 at 8:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Evergreen

Awesome Min :D I'm mostly doing touch ups now, because I'm working my butt off to get better in games :3 

--

January 3, 2012 at 8:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Nanami

i'm going to pose with a lot of people (Kaytja, Odette, Bella Gray, Temari, Risa, Megumi, Adam, and Seishiro) xD i'm really happy!

--

January 3, 2012 at 9:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SSProductions

Awesome photo Sy :) I'm looking forward to seeing all your red carpet pics :) It's fun :)

--

Photobucket

January 4, 2012 at 1:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

eziopeep

I'll do this but I'm not sure I will be entering SIFF this spring :T Winter's more my THANG. 

--

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

January 4, 2012 at 5:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

The Exposer

I am watching this thread very closely...just remember...no-one is safe from The Exposer!

--

January 5, 2012 at 2:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gus Rockman
Administrator

Pantless red carpet pictures! :lol:

--

January 5, 2012 at 11:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

JN

Ok ladies, time for a little revenge :P

Introducing Sy-fi-lentwhysper, dressed as Spock,

and Minraed AUZhel, dressed in national colours to support her home country, Australia.

--

January 7, 2012 at 1:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

JN is fired!  teee heee :P

--

January 7, 2012 at 9:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.