Simatography 

and homebase of SIFF

Forums

Forum Home > SIFF Archives > Film Poster Challenge - SIFF Fall 2012

Minraed
Site Owner

It's time to start promoting your SIFF films and one great way to do that is to participate in the Film Promotion Poster Challenge to start to create buzz and anticipation for your film.

The rules are simple...

Create a film poster!

Add your poster to the poster album in the photo gallery HERE

Right click on your poster once you have it in the gallery and click "save image location"  and repost it here in this forum using the picture location url you just got from the last step.

Tips for film posters...

• create a poster that looks like a real life film poster, use google for ideas
  • be sure to use a size that is roughly 8.5 x 11" or A4 international paper size. Odd sizes are harder to work with if your poster shows up in the Simatography magazine or is chosen to be created into a cc wall hanging for your game.

Tips for Promotion...

• post your poster on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Simatography on your own facebook page, on your blog, on TS3 forums, twitter.. anywhere that you think will get you some publicity and build a base of fans that want to see your film
  • post it in our TS3 fourms page - HERE

All film posters created will be listed for voting by our fans too!  Deadline for fan voting is September 1st.

--

August 7, 2012 at 5:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ChristieL.

Yay! Time to start!

--

August 7, 2012 at 7:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CloudwalkerSims

--

August 7, 2012 at 7:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Fadhil Yudhawanto (Bahariawans Studio)

Here's mine  :)

--

August 12, 2012 at 11:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

yay, Fadhil is back too! 

--

August 12, 2012 at 12:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dice Smith

Yay! I suppose I should get started then. I finally finsihed my preview, but I won't be ableto get acess to high speed internet so I can upload it until next week. So sad. I am going through serious SIFF withdraw. I want to watch everyone's trailers so badly!!! Curse dial up internet!!! :mad:

--

August 14, 2012 at 2:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ronson_14

Hi! It's the first time I make a poster so, I hope you like it.

http://memberfiles.freewebs.com/57/70/80477057/photos/undefined/Screenshot-65.jpg

August 20, 2012 at 2:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

mysteryjack1

Oops, for some odd reason my earlier post didn't show.. Anyway, here's my poster:

--

August 20, 2012 at 3:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SeeMyu

--

August 26, 2012 at 10:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sim Romanov

--

MY BLOG

August 28, 2012 at 5:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Majella13

This is my first movie I normally do photography though. 

--

August 28, 2012 at 8:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

Amazing work with the posters film makers!  Don't forget to use them to promote your film anywhere you can think of. The more you get the fans excited the more people will see your video, including the official TheSims3 talent scouts.

--

August 29, 2012 at 12:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Elementalist

Kuekuatsheu's Howl - SIFF Fall 2012 Poster

A poster for my entry.

August 29, 2012 at 2:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Anches

Sorry, but here ist the new poster, hope it´s ok yet :)

--

September 1, 2012 at 4:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

sylentwhysper

Looks great Anches!  :O

--

September 1, 2012 at 7:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SSProductions

Awesome posters so far :) Looking forward to seeing all your movies at SIFF :)

--

Photobucket

September 1, 2012 at 1:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

I wasn't able to get the poster fan voting polls up over the weekend, but I'll be doing it tonight. Any posters that get added before I get home will still be eligible. I will only be drawing from this thread so if anyone forgot to post here be sure that you are not missed. I will let you know as soon as I post the polls.

--

September 4, 2012 at 9:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

ok, EDIT - I have to spend some time tomorrow at work researching a good poll widget for us since now Webs does not offer the really simple to use widget bank. If anyone has any recommendations for good poll widgets please share.

--

September 4, 2012 at 6:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

Ok, if you have not already seen on any of our social networks, the polls are up for best film poster. Please spread the word and support our artists and SIFF.

HERE

--

September 6, 2012 at 9:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.