Simatography 

and homebase of SIFF

Forums

Forum Home > SIFF Archives > SIFF Needs a New Venue Spring 2013

Jorgha Haq
Administrator

2010 brought us the very first SIFF and we needed a venue. Architects were called, buildings were build and we picked a wonderful venue to host SIFF. It has seen a lot of Red Carpet action and has served us well. However, SIFF has grown and we need a new venue. Who will create one for us?

The Rules:

• Venue can be built on any size lot.
  • Venue should not have any custom content if possible. Not everyone uses custom content in game and we need to make the venue accessible to everyone. You will also need to upload it to the Exchange.
  • Venue can be built in any style you wish however it MUST contain the following: Red Carpet Area, Main Hall and a stage suitable for an awards presentation. The stage must be a minimum 6 blocks wide by 5 block deep in order to accommodate the Band Challenge winner. Everything else is up to you.
  • Deadline is Feb 1, 2013 and the winning venue will be decided on by public vote.
  • Please submit your photos to the Venue Gallery HERE as well as in this thread. EDIT: We will need pictures of the outside and inside of the venue, including the red carpet area, stage area, main hall, floor plan and all areas of interest.

Im Jahr 2010 fand das erste Simsfilmfestival der Simatographer statt. Dafür brauchten wir ein Veranstaltungsgebäude. Simsarchitekten machten sich an die Arbeit und wir haben ein schönes Gebäude für SIFF ausgesucht.

Inszwischen hat das Festival einen viel größeren Umfang und deshalb brauchen wir einen neuen Veranstaltungsort. Wer wird ihn für uns bauen???

SIMSARCHITEKTEN GESUCHT !!!

Teilnahmebedingungen:

Du musst ein Mitglied von Simatography sein, die Mitgliedschaft ist kostenlos. Der Contest findet dort und NICHT bei Facebook statt.

Einzelheiten zum Gebäude:

• Es darf jede Grundstücksgröße verwendet werden.
  • Es sollte möglichst nur aus Inhalten des Games bestehen. Die unterschiedlichsten Leute werden das Gebäude nutzen und nicht jeder arbeitet mit CC.
  • Jeder Baustil ist erlaubt, lasst eurer Fantasie freien Lauf.  

Was muss enthalten sein?

• Ein Bereich für den "Roten Teppich"
  • Ein Saal mit Bühne

Einzelheiten zur Bühne:

• Auf ihr findet die Preisverleihung statt und eine Band muss dort auftreten können.
  • Mindestgröße: 6 Felder breit, 5 Felder tief (gerne größer)

Abgabetermin: 1. Februar 2013

Abstimmung durch das Publikum

Wie nehme ich daran teil?

Einfach die Bilder im Fotoalbum bei Simatography hochladen und im entsprechenden Forum posten.

Besuche die Webseite von Simatography um noch mehr Details zu erfahren.

Architetti cercasi!

Nel 2010 abbiamo esordito con il nostro primo SIFF e - per celebrarlo -avevamo bisogno di un luogo speciale.

Dopo una lunga consultazione con architetti ed edili, abbiamo finalmente trovato il luogo giusto per ospitare il SIFF. A distanza di tempo, il nostro progetto è cresciuto e ora abbiamo bisogno di un nuovo luogo dove celebrare il SIFF. Chi ce ne creera' uno?

Regole:

1) il lotto scelto può avere qualsiasi dimensione;

2) l'edificio non deve contenere materiale personalizzato (non tutti lo usano) e deve essere caricato sull'exchange di the sims (per renderlo accessibile a tutti).

3) l'edificio potra' essere costruito senza limitazioni; tuttavia DOVRA' avere: un'area per il red carpet, un ingresso principale e un palco (che ospitera' la cerimonia di premiazione.) il palco sara' grande 6x5 blocchi, in modo anche da contenere le band che si sfideranno durante l'evento.

4) la consegna dei progetti deve avvenire entro il primo febbraio 2013 e il vincitore verrà scelto dal pubblico.

5) allegate le foto della creazione alla galleria scritta nella descrizione (dovranno contenere esterni, interni, red carpet, stage e ingresso principale).

January 15, 2013 at 3:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pippa Razzi

When you say no Custom Content, does it need to be made with the base game or would EP/SP content be acceptable as well?? Just curious, I might actually be able to try and build a lot but just need to know what content is acceptable for it ;) Thanks!

Well that is if I can find a way to hook my sims computer up to the internet at our new temporary house which only has wifi apparently, I need to find an ethernet cable...geez

January 17, 2013 at 12:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gus Rockman
Administrator

I think EP/SP content will be acceptable. I find it kind of hard building anything grand like this with just base game. XD

And yay! Can't wait to see what you build! :)

--

January 17, 2013 at 1:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jorgha Haq
Administrator

EP/SP/Store content is fine. Most people have access to that. It's the third party content that presents a problem because a lot of people will not use it. I know a couple people who won't even install custom patterns.

--

http://www.simsweeklyworldnews.info
http://jorgha-haq.tumblr.com/

January 17, 2013 at 2:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ronson_14

Yes, it's better with Base game/EP/SP/Store content. For example, I'm not going to use much CC for my film, just the necessary, I don't want to slow down the game.

January 18, 2013 at 12:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CrescentMoonPye

Is this for Simatography members only or is it open to the Simmer community at large?

[Just had a friend ask and I must say I'm too challenged to figure it out by myself.]

::waves to everyone::

--

Happy Simming to you from C.M. Pye Fine Art & Books

January 18, 2013 at 10:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gus Rockman
Administrator

Open for everyone. :)

--

January 18, 2013 at 11:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CrescentMoonPye

Excellent! That's what I thought but I wanted to make absolutely sure! Thanks Gus!

There's some last minute interest being cultivated in one of my TS3 circles so hopefully it will bear fruit by the deadline!

Or bear 2x4s, cement sidewalks, theatre seating, etc.
If the people interested come through in time, the choices are going to be phenomenal!

::crosses fingers in anticipation & excitement::

January 18, 2013 at 11:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Peacemaker
Administrator

Jorgha brought this to my attention and since i am not much of a machinima maker or photographer, i thought i could help contribute but submitting a possibility for a new venue. lets hope i can finish it :) 

--

January 22, 2013 at 9:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

Peacey!! This would be awesome to see something from you. Despite the fact that you completely kicked my butt in a redecorating competition so many years ago, I still love your work :D 

PYE! I always get excited when you drop by. It will be great to have you at SIFF again.

I love this most about SIFF - something for everyone. I guess that catch phrase gets a bit boring, but I'm saying it anyway. :P

--

January 22, 2013 at 10:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jorgha Haq
Administrator

I have seen Peace's work in progress, Min, and it's amazing!!!

--

January 22, 2013 at 5:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Green_Girly100

just took a look at Peace's site, amazing builds, I can't wait to see his venue! & I discovered we live in the same suburb, wow the Sims world is small ;)

--

January 22, 2013 at 6:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Peacemaker
Administrator

Awe min, you sure know how to make a guy blush! :D but you would kick me in photos for sims :P and it was nice and easy to link my account here, so that was a nice surprise. i should stop by more often ;) 

and yes jorgha, i am not sure i will call it amazing just yet, but i am proud, i just hope it is functional as a photography set *crosses fingers*

i have never heard of anyone who lived near me green girly, how exciting! usually i chat to UK and US players :P

--

January 22, 2013 at 11:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gus Rockman
Administrator

Holy simoly! Your builds are amazing, Peace! The SIFF venue is gonna be great, can't wait! :D

--

January 23, 2013 at 12:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Green_Girly100

me too Peace :) its a real treat!

--

January 23, 2013 at 2:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Peacemaker
Administrator

Thanks Gus, i am a closet architect ;) 

well its coming along and its looking good, well its the most expensive lot i have created, but i have expensive tastes. good thing its a community lot lol. I am very proud of it so far ,and when you all see it i hope you all like it too :) 

also i have managed to keep all the content realtively limited to base game and a few EP/SPs and 2 store content items. I just had to use the 2 chandeliers from the store :P 

--

January 23, 2013 at 7:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Peacemaker
Administrator

Well i couldn't hold off anymore and i think i have finished all the niggly details although EA's ceiling bug may be the death of me one day, today wasn't that day. I hope you all like :) 

I called the venue Reynard Theatre. The backstory is that this lot was inspired by Fox Theatre in St Louis, Missouri. Although i couldn't replicate the look in game due to intricate details, I think the granduar is very much intact. I was liasing with jorgha on what would be ideal and I hope it have reached a happy medium while giving it some of my unique flair. Since the theatre doesn't look like the inspiration, I named in Reynard, the name of an anthropomorphic red fox found in many fables throughout Europe linking the venue back to the inspiration, but having its own identity. 

So enough of me blabbering, here are some pictures :) 

more pictures here (and i maye add some more now i have seen what i have missed)

Reynard Theatre

--

January 24, 2013 at 9:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

sylentwhysper

O M G, Peace, the venue looks gorgeous!! 

--

January 24, 2013 at 1:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gus Rockman
Administrator

Magnificent! :)

--

January 24, 2013 at 2:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jorgha Haq
Administrator

Now that he's posted this, I am afraid other people may be scared to submit something now. ;)

--

January 24, 2013 at 2:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.