Simatography 

and homebase of SIFF

Forums

Forum Home > Sims News and Community Updates > EA Community Day - Minraed Visits The Sims3

Minraed
Site Owner

It's that time again!

Me and my fab little EA bag are travelling to sunny California next week.
I'm not sure what's in store for me, but I will be sharing news, photos, and whatever else they give us a peek at so on Wednesday, February 13th be here to see that I have for you.

If there is anything you want to ask, or want a peek at let me know. I am pretty sure that we'll get some hands-on time with University Life so if you have something you want to know then ask here and I'll try to findout or share. I heard that there was some announcement of some kind expected on March 14th which means that we'll probably be getting a sneak peek at something else. I'm personally looking forward to more about the Paradise Island EP with it's cool new features of islands and boats and resort management and of course I'm always excited about all of the new actions, animations and fun stuff for our machinimas and photography projects.

What are you looking forward to in 2013 for your sims?

--

February 4, 2013 at 10:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CloudwalkerSims

yes, I want to ask: "will you take me with you?"

actually two things: will their vending machines be working objects?

Will sims ever be able to read a book in a lounger?

--

February 4, 2013 at 12:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ChristieL.

Can anyone send me that bag? I'd pay to have one! :O

--

February 4, 2013 at 12:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

sylentwhysper

Wow, that's awesome Min!  I do have a couple questions,

1. Will Sims ever be able to get in and out of their cars the traditional way?  Like using the car door, instead of disappearing off the sidewalk then appearing in the car. 

2.  Similar to question 1, will sims ever be able to open doors inside their homes instead of just having the doors swing open when they want to get from room to room? 

I guess I'm asking for a little more realism.  And with all the great technology and computer programs these days, a simple animation to open a door isn't too hard, I don't think.  :P

--

February 4, 2013 at 3:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CloudwalkerSims

or will they EVER stop the woman in labour from driving themselves to the hospital?

--

February 4, 2013 at 3:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

sylentwhysper

Oh and one more, I've always longed for this one.  Will sims ever be different heights?  I know there are mods out there to adjust height but it's not quite functional with the in game objects or interactions.  EA has done a really good job with giving us different body types and the facial sliders are fantastic, but height would be SOOO AWESOME!!  And I mean adult heights, not just child or teen.

--

February 4, 2013 at 4:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

These are great. Keep them coming. It is confirmed that I will have a chance to ask specific questions directly to the developer team for University so I'll use these questions for that. I'm lame that way. I never know what to ask when it comes to the time.

--

February 4, 2013 at 6:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

If there are any more questions you would like me to ask when I do this interview I will need them to be posted here by Saturday at the latest so that I have time to put it all together.

--

February 6, 2013 at 6:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CloudwalkerSims

will they enable an easy way for us to input our own animations?

--

February 6, 2013 at 8:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gus Rockman
Administrator
I'd like to know if they will be realising more content and new game sliders/animations/interactions for machinima makers, seeing that they'll soon release a stuff pack for us. I'd like to know if they are trying to make our lives easier. :P
--

February 7, 2013 at 2:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

Ok guys, I'm here. In a Q&A about University. What do you want to know? I will start with a few random points. I'm also on facebook right now too, follow the discussions happening live now from all of us here.

--

February 13, 2013 at 2:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner
  • Blunt force trauma death, new ghost from being killed by falling vending machine.
  • Vending machines vend energy drinks and other snacks, with many new interactions
  • makeout point for parties, making out and other activities with great view of the cities
  • great new hangouts - coffee house, comic book shops and more
  • NO rabbit holes for University lectures - you participate in class and gain skills based on those interactions
  • new life state to be plant sims, but all super secret for now, no more details on that
  • Elders and adults can go to school to
  • Baristas work behind the counter like bartenders
  • 6 majors in University - business, communications, fine arts, science and medicine, technology, and physical education.

--

February 13, 2013 at 2:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CloudwalkerSims

Will there be waiters and a way to have your own restaurant bar and serve sims?

--

February 13, 2013 at 2:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SSProductions

Awesome Min, have fun :)

--

Photobucket

February 13, 2013 at 3:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

NO waiters Cloud, someone else here asked that too. Maybe with the island one with resorts that you can run. We might get that info later.

--

February 13, 2013 at 4:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CloudwalkerSims

I hope so! Thank you so much for asking, and have a great time!

--

February 13, 2013 at 4:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

I just did the interview, but I didn't let them film me. I was able to interview Ryan with machinima makers in mind so I hope you like what we come up with (we being me and Tabby Lloyd who conducted the interview) 

--

February 13, 2013 at 6:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

I've added photos on Facebook, but also here in our gallery

HERE

--

February 13, 2013 at 6:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SeeMyu

Looks amazingly awesome! :D Thank you so much for posting the photos! And I'm looking forward to the interview! 

--

February 13, 2013 at 8:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

Here is a fun vlog by ipodZeke, who I had not heard of before this. He captured a great sesson on simlish starting around the 6 minute mark that's pretty cool.

http://youtu.be/IzIWx6tdbAA

--

February 15, 2013 at 6:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.