Simatography 

and homebase of SIFF

Forums

Forum Home > Sims 4 Life - Gameplay chat for the Sims 4 players > sims 4 what does it mean to you?

CloudwalkerSims

I didn't really know where to put this, but since today brought the announcement that 4 is around the corner, where does that leave you?

for me, because I create mainly and do not play, it leaves me in an odd spot.

I will probably finish up my backburnered stuff (a lot) and concentrate on machinima and create for that alone now).

I was going to learn caw and scripting (will probably still learn scripting as that will be part of all games) but now I just feel like 'what's the point?'

I will definitely drop 3 and go to 4. I'm not the type to stay with something old and I am blessed to have a very good computer to take whatever 4 dishes out. But the starting over? ugh. All the programs we won't have until Inge and Peter come along. No more Twallan...

sigh.

I guess since I only started playing 3 about a year or so ago I am deeply saddened. Curious,but sad.

--

May 6, 2013 at 2:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ChristieL.

My heart missed a beat or two when I read it. I mean...we've opened the doors of the custom animations less than a year ago and they're pushing us on a "new" game already. It's unfair.

Between sims 2 and 3 passed at least 4 years.

--

May 6, 2013 at 2:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CloudwalkerSims

I feel like I'm in limbo now.

--

May 6, 2013 at 3:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ballantyne

Hmmm. I'm both annoyed and excited about this, lol. But I expected this announcement -  the sims 3 base game was first released in 2009(I think?), so 5 years isn't unreasonable.

I won't be buying it on day one. Just because Sims 4 comes out doesn't mean we all have to immediately "abandon the Sims 3 ship". Heck, there are still people making some very nice Sims 2 machinima even in 2013.

I think I may wait at least 6 months before buying the Sims 4 to allow the community some time to make a few mods and things :)

May 6, 2013 at 7:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CloudwalkerSims

oh, I'll get it first day just because I'm curious.

--

May 6, 2013 at 7:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ballantyne

Fair enough, cloud :) 

I just hope they don't skimp on the machinima options in the new game. I would like to see the "Moviemaker" cheat make a return in the Sims 4 base game with even more features. I also hope they make the default sims 'prettier' this time around  :) 

May 6, 2013 at 7:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

I got some promo stuff today in my mailbox, but as usual the announcements always seem to come on Monday's when my work schedule means I get it all late. Anyway. I will start up a Sims4 section when I do the forum cleanup over the next couple of weeks. In the meantime.. oh, I'm torn.

--

May 6, 2013 at 9:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

I think what we will see is a lot of Sims3 machinima still hanging on for a while for a couple of reasons. We won't have all of the custom content and animations that we will need to really let our creativity be fullfilled, and because quite frankly, Sims 3 is still freakin' amazing for making machinima well.

I am excited to see what it will bring, but I feel sad too because there is still so much I was not able to find the time to do in Sims3.

Of course, SIFF will be open to all!

--

May 6, 2013 at 9:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

Here is the link to the Sims3 forum page discussing details

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/675024.page

--

May 6, 2013 at 9:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CloudwalkerSims

Please, Min, if you have any 'in'with EA at all, please please don't let them forget about machinima makers!

better graphics, 64 bit game, ability to get mods and cc in asap without needing to wait for people like Wes and the Joneses to help us. And of course Cmar. OMG, no posing? no animations of our own?

agghhhhh

--

May 7, 2013 at 1:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

I don't have THAT MUCH of an in, though I did get to mention a few things at our last visit to EA. I am not one of this "inner elite" circle that got the conference call. I do hear ya on those points though.  Now I know what people were feeling when Sims3 came and they didn't have everything that they were used to.

--

May 7, 2013 at 5:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

south-of-the-sims

Having just recently discovered the art of machinima creation through sims, I don't know what to think. Will it be cool to see all the changes and graphic enhancements? Maybe...But I feel like everything's a bit rushed! We just got info on the Island Paradise Pack (haven't even enjoyed it yet...) and are now being introduced to the big # 4?!

Like Cloudwalker, I feel like I'm in limbo too... : ((

--

extraordinarily :)

May 11, 2013 at 2:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Green_Girly100

I'm excited for the game play, ( I have it pre-ordered already lol ) but I think it will be some time before machinima in the Sims 4 will be as good as Sims 3. I'd like to hope that we begin in Sims 4 where we leave off Sims 3, in terms of in game tools, but that may be unrealistic given we are going back to a base game...

--

May 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

I think that Sims3 machinima has a long life ahead of it still and my prediction is that it will continue to dominate SIFF for a few seasons even after Sims4 is out. 4 just won't have all of the tools and content and mods we need to really get the job done, and Sims3 is certainly not outdated looking. So ya, like what Green said (duh I typed first and read later)

--

May 12, 2013 at 8:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

south-of-the-sims

Minraed at May 12, 2013 at 8:10 AM

I think that Sims3 machinima has a long life ahead of it still and my prediction is that it will continue to dominate SIFF for a few seasons even after Sims4 is out. 4 just won't have all of the tools and content and mods we need to really get the job done, and Sims3 is certainly not outdated looking. So ya, like what Green said (duh I typed first and read later)

Thank you Minraed and Green for the reassurance. I'm feeling a bit more optimistic about the changes to come : )

--

extraordinarily :)

June 5, 2013 at 7:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

simmpmod7

Has anyone been using Sims 4?  Do the cheats and mods work or is it completely different?  Thanks!

April 4, 2014 at 1:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CloudwalkerSims

Sims 4 hasn't been released yet. We hear it's supposed to be out in fall 2014.

--

April 4, 2014 at 2:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Akaichou_Layla

Personally I cannot wait for the sims 4! Even though it will take some time for CC to start rolling out for the game. It will be good practice to play around with the game before creators start making content.

July 29, 2014 at 10:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

hello Akaichou! or should I say welcome back, I haven't seen this name for a long time. :)  Be sure to watch the forums, I have two threads that I will get going today, one on my Simcamp experience and the people behind the game, and one on the actual gameplay stuff.

--

August 4, 2014 at 8:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.