Simatography 

and homebase of SIFF

Forums

Forum Home > Sims News and Community Updates > The Sims 4 Media

Minraed
Site Owner

I don't have too much information yet personally, but many of the Sims3 fansites are going crazy with their excitement and updates so I'll share what I come across here. Feel free to share what you discover along the way too.

--

May 7, 2013 at 5:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

Sims VIP is pumping out updates faster than anyone it seems.
Follow them for up to the minute news and views.

--

May 7, 2013 at 5:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

The Sim Supply is very excited and has been posting like wildfire on Twitter.
Check out his views in this video

You need Adobe Flash Player to view this content.

--

May 7, 2013 at 5:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ballantyne

Interesting. I admit, I am really liking that teaser picture of the eyes (if that is indeed an actual representation of how the sims will look), the eyes look quite "alive" to me and the character models look quite pleasing. 

I wonder when EA are going to release a teaser trailer... hmmm. 

May 7, 2013 at 7:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

I am on a mailing list to get updates direct from the source, but I'm usually at work when it comes so by the time I get home the whole Sims world knows everything before me because the others on the mailing list get it out first. I'm always a bit slow on the uptake, but I will be adding everything here as I get it. I'm sure we won't be seeing too much for a while, but who knows.

--

May 7, 2013 at 8:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CloudwalkerSims

there's also a hilarious review by the Lazy Gamer.

--

May 7, 2013 at 5:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

Where Where Where Cloud! Do share.

The Sims3 Forums has a Sims4 forum thread

Sims4 Thread

--

May 7, 2013 at 8:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ballantyne

So there seems to be a whole bunch of leaked Sims 4 pics over at ModtheSims right now. They look pretty legit to me.

(Don't click the link if you want to wait until the gamescom reveal next week.)

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=4217360#post4217360

August 14, 2013 at 11:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CloudwalkerSims

makes me happy to stay with 3 for a while.

--

August 15, 2013 at 2:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ballantyne

Yeah, I agree. The only two things I like so far is how CAS looks, and the somewhat more attractive base-game sims.

The game engine however,  looks pretty much identical to TS3 :/ ... so idk.... 

August 15, 2013 at 3:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CloudwalkerSims

it's TOO cartoony for me. I'm sure, like 3, modding will be something to make them look more realistic. But I just look at these helmet-headed Pixar-like sims and think, why? why when graphics engines are so amazing now, they have to do this?

--

August 15, 2013 at 9:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

I agree Cloud. I really do like the realism, and was hoping for more realism. If cartoony is what they go for I would be interested in learning their reasoning. We'll see where it all leads soon I suppose.

--

August 15, 2013 at 7:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ballantyne

Hmm... the more I look at the faces the more I'm starting to like them. The faces look much better than TS3's default "pudding" faces and I don't mind the cartoony look too much.  However, I will agree that the hair looks horrible - it resembles a sheet of clay or something :/

Looking forward to the gameplay videos next week. I really want to see how they animate & interact. 

August 15, 2013 at 8:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CloudwalkerSims

someone on MTS photoshopped some cc hair on the sims and they looked pretty good. I'm sure, like we did with 3, cc will make them less pudding (or perhaps they are more Tapioca now?)

--

August 15, 2013 at 10:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Peacemaker
Administrator

The thing I hate the most is the hair. And I need to see gameplay to judge the building aspect of the game

I did see the photoshopped hair and its so much better! The only downside is that it may take a while to develop the tools necessary to make cc for TS4, it took a while for TS3. 

--

August 16, 2013 at 5:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CloudwalkerSims

I know. I think the waiting for my tools will be the hardest part. I kind of hope TSR works quickly on making them.Then all the plugins needed for Milkshape and Blender.

I think I'll be with three for a while.

--

August 16, 2013 at 1:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.