Simatography 

and homebase of SIFF

Forums

Forum Home > Customer Service and Suggestions > Feedback Wanted

Minraed
Site Owner

SITE UPDATES and FACELIFT

Feel free to drop in here and comment on the changes being made. We also have a bit of a discussion on Facebook going on a comment on my own persona lFacebook  page if you want to join in.

Gus Rockman is mostly in charge of revamping the theme and design. He is listening to feedback too. Unfortunately we can't please everyone, but we want to make sure that any major issues are considered.

The forums will begin changing Thursday and Friday this week - so be patient please.

--

May 7, 2013 at 6:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

Please take a moment to read today's update. We can discuss here if you like.

Change is Good - HERE

--

April 16, 2014 at 6:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alone The Series

Loving the new design. :)

--

April 16, 2014 at 7:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ballantyne

I really like the new design too. Looks trendy and pretty! :D

I'm really glad "machinimas" have their own tab now in the menu bar too. 

April 16, 2014 at 7:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Incandescent

I am really impressed with the new look, here on the website! It is a fresh start, a new beginning, and a new era for Simatography. It looks very modern, trendy, and savvy! I really appreciate the hardwork, time, and effort that the team, and staff have put into this website! I have to agree with fellow memebers. I love how Machinimas have its own tab, and you are right, it's much easier to navigate.  Thank you for your continuous determination, pride, and hope for this website. Thank you very much for allowing us, the members, to join you on this amazing ride to a stronger, closer, more creative Sims community! Good job, guys! Have a nice Easter / Spring Break!  :D

April 16, 2014 at 12:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

KoreanSimz4

as they say in korea "대박" which translates to awesome :D

I really like the theme change too... minraed, im going to do everything in my power to make  this popular in korea :D

if i have ur permission can i create a simatography site in korea for the korean people, alot of my korean friends like your site but cant understand it and are too lazy to learn english

April 16, 2014 at 3:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

linday

I think it looks great! Clean and fresh! The only thing that bothers me a bit, is regarding replies to comments in the photo albums - the quoted post is now a bit too light, making it hard to read! Might just be on my screen though, for all I know... 

--

April 16, 2014 at 3:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Matt Golden

i love it! So modern, clean and easy to use!  :D

Congrats to GusRockman, amazing work!

Also, i'd love to a chat room type of thing, so we can meet easier people from the community ;)

--

April 16, 2014 at 3:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

sylentwhysper

I'm loving the gradient background!  Really awesome work.  Kudos to the staff team!

@Goldysch - a couple years ago we had the chat feature active but I think because it was attached to ads, we disabled it.  I think it was a fantastic feature because we were able to communicate directly on the site in real time and it was a great way to meet people.  Maybe Min and the Staff wouldn't mind activating it again and we might just have to put up with the annoying ads.

--

April 16, 2014 at 8:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gus Rockman
Administrator

linday at April 16, 2014 at 3:34 PM

I think it looks great! Clean and fresh! The only thing that bothers me a bit, is regarding replies to comments in the photo albums - the quoted post is now a bit too light, making it hard to read! Might just be on my screen though, for all I know... 

Hmm, I'll definitely have to check this out (probably we'll see it now that I'm replying to you)! There's no option to change the colour of the quoted text in the site builder, so I'll have to figure out how to fix it. Thanks for pointing it out! :)

EDIT: You're right! I can read the text, but I imagine some people might have trouble reading it since it's lighter and smaller. Unfortunately there's no option I came across that changes that, but I'll keep on looking for a way to fix it. :)

April 16, 2014 at 8:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gus Rockman
Administrator

Matt Golden at April 16, 2014 at 3:46 PM

i love it! So modern, clean and easy to use!  :D

Congrats to GusRockman, amazing work!

Also, i'd love to a chat room type of thing, so we can meet easier people from the community ;)

Thank you and everyone who keeps showing their support! We're thinking of your expierence with the site constantly! :)
A chat room thingy would be something amazing to have! I'll actually research in ways of embedding something like that in the site, it is something very interesting to have. ;)

--

April 16, 2014 at 8:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jorgha Haq
Administrator

KoreanSimz4 at April 16, 2014 at 3:07 PM

I really like the theme change too... minraed, im going to do everything in my power to make  this popular in korea :D

if i have ur permission can i create a simatography site in korea for the korean people, alot of my korean friends like your site but cant understand it and are too lazy to learn english

There is no way this site can be maintained in different languages and having various versions of the site in different languages is counter-productive to having a central site for machinima and sim photography. Simatography is the only site out there of it's kind and we are proud of this. We also have a really good relationship with EA. It has taken years to build what we have here. 

That being said, if people use Google Chrome you can have it automatically translate the page into whatever language you need it to be in. If they want to participate in the site, there is Google Translate for posts. It's what everyone else uses who doesn't speak English. I am not trying to be difficult or an ass or anything. This is just how it is.

I'll let Min comment further on this, as I am sure she can add to it.

--

http://www.simsweeklyworldnews.info
http://jorgha-haq.tumblr.com/

April 16, 2014 at 9:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gus Rockman
Administrator

Jorgha Haq at April 16, 2014 at 9:54 PM

KoreanSimz4 at April 16, 2014 at 3:07 PM

There is no way this site can be maintained in different languages and having various versions of the site in different languages is counter-productive to having a central site for machinima and sim photography. Simatography is the only site out there of it's kind and we are proud of this. We also have a really good relationship with EA. It has taken years to build what we have here. 

That being said, if people use Google Chrome you can have it automatically translate the page into whatever language you need it to be in. If they want to participate in the site, there is Google Translate for posts. It's what everyone else uses who doesn't speak English. I am not trying to be difficult or an ass or anything. This is just how it is.

I'll let Min comment further on this, as I am sure she can add to it.

May I just add that if you're using Mozilla Firefox (what I use) you can use the Google translate plugin, allowing you to translate the whole page to your language. ;)
We are always eager to partner with different sims communities in other languages, like we just did with the German All About Sims, so you can expect the language barrier to be sorted out with time. As Simatography grows bigger, we work hard to make everyone access our content easily. :)

--

April 16, 2014 at 10:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

sylentwhysper

I must say I adore the new plumbob textured background and the softer bluish color.  Please keep it.  :D

--

April 17, 2014 at 7:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Peacemaker
Administrator

Thanks Sylent! We are still tweaking everything, but its good to know its not just me who likes it. I like that I could actually apply my pattern-making skills to the site too. It certainly came in handy 

--

April 17, 2014 at 12:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MeestorMark

I am certainly diggin the plumbob background with the subtle colors too.

--

April 17, 2014 at 3:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Peacemaker
Administrator

Thanks Mark! 

--

April 17, 2014 at 11:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

@ Korsims - first, thanks to Georga and Gus for their comments (for anyone who isn't fully aware, Gus, Georga and Peacemaker are the admins working hard behind the scenes with me)  I think that they covered everything that needs to be said. 

What I can add is that our new partnership with All About Sims is a great idea suggested by King Leo from that website. We will share more about that partnership soon. What this new partnership really means is that they will have their own website that is completely separate from us, but as they are huge supporters of SIFF and there are so many German machinima makers that have participated over the years the wanted to make a connection to help German players get more involved in SIFF in the future. The members there will help each other by helping to translate to those who don't have as much understanding of English. We hope that this will open doors for similar opportunities in the future.

--

April 18, 2014 at 11:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

Oh oh, and if anyone is peeking in today you will notice many changes to the forums. I'm in the process still and the dust should settle within a few hours. We spent HOURS discussing and revamping and editing our plan so I hope you will all like it once it is complete.

--

April 18, 2014 at 11:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jorgha Haq
Administrator

I will be moving all the tutorials out of the forum later and giving them their own place on the website where they can be found easily. You may notice in the menu it says 'Simatography School'. That is going to be expanded and we are going to have all of the tutorals seperated out into their own sections (machinima school, photography tutorials, photo editing tutorials, blender tutorials, etc.) . Hopefully this will make everything easier to find. There is a lot so it's going to take a bit to move around but it will be awesome when it's done.

--

http://www.simsweeklyworldnews.info
http://jorgha-haq.tumblr.com/

April 18, 2014 at 11:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.