Simatography 

and homebase of SIFF

Forums

Forum Home > Photographer Portfolios > Sticky: Multiple Studios?

Minraed
Site Owner

A good point was brought up. What if you have a YouTube channel for your machinima, and a tumblr or blog for your photography and you want to showcase them separately?

It is simple! Start a new thread for each of your studios. For example...

Minraed's Imaginarium - here I would share my tumblr or facebook photos, stories and other such updates

Imaginarium Studios - my YouTube page where I would share only my machinima creations

Do you have a Sims 3 series?

Start a thread in the Sims TV thread to guide us to your show

Do you have a Sims3 Band or Musician with their own page or website?

Start a thread in the Sims Bands and Musicians thread to keep us updated on your band's stardom.

--

June 8, 2013 at 8:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CloudwalkerSims

so, would I have one for machinima, and one for my CC?

--

June 8, 2013 at 11:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

You can do it anyway you like Cloudwalker. You could have a Cloudwalker Studios as a home base to share everything you do in your creative world on your website, or you could have a separate one for your CC.

The two main ideas here were...

1. people who do many creative things were often spreading out their stuff into so many different threads that is was hard to know what they were up to lately so this keeps everyone's eyes on all of your work at once

2. When you add something new to your "studio" we will see an update and at the same time we can go back and see other things that you have shared with us.

I am rethinking the CC threads though. Perhaps that one should stay open? This would keep it easy to find CC specifically. Pondering this now.

The Studios would simply replace all of the individual threads for machinima, stories, photos and art which meant that people had bits and pieces scattered everywhere.

I am open to discussion and suggestions. There are so many limitations with forums that I want to try to make this as easy as possible for you to share, and for me to showcase you.

ADDENDUM UPDATE

I have reopened the CC thread after thinking about Cloudwalker's comment. It makes more sense to have a spot for that so that we can find items by name.

--

June 8, 2013 at 12:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CloudwalkerSims

maybe a specific WCIF thread too?

Sometimes we know where stuff is and other's don't (sometimes some of see a WCIF and decide to make it for the person ;)

--

June 8, 2013 at 1:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ballantyne

I am glad the creator's corner will stay open. It would be too difficult to find things otherwise.

I do like the idea of seperate members threads for machinima and photos though :)

@Cloud, I agree, I think an additional WCIF thread would be really handy.

June 8, 2013 at 10:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

Yes, good idea Cloud. I will put that thread in with the other help topics.

Ballantyne, I too did like the idea of the separate threads as I thought it would be a nice way to sort things out, but what I was noticing was that people had many different threads and sometimes they either overlapped into various genre's or they were just in the wrong place.

I am not absolutely set on forcing people into one box here. We can leave all of the threads open and just let people decide where they want to showcase their work. Perhaps some people want to showcase their entire studio in one forum that draws attention to their website or blog. Perhaps other people just want to showcase a single project in a way that it will get noticed and get feedback.

Thoughts? I know I can't please everyone, but I want to make things better here for getting people noticed.

--

June 9, 2013 at 7:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.