Simatography 

and homebase of SIFF

Forums

Forum Home > SIMS 3 life - gameplay chats for The Sims 3 players > Island Paradise

Minraed
Site Owner

Here are a few things I've come across so far about Island Paradise. I think this will  be very exciting for machinima makers, story tellers and photographers!  Who else is excited!?

SF Magazine Interview with Graham Nardone

RachyBop's Skype Interview posted on YouTube

The Sim Supply's Skype interview with Graham Nardone on YouTube

Interview by QUXXN

IPodZeke's Interview

--

June 8, 2013 at 12:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CloudwalkerSims

I watched some of the videos. I have heard there will be climbable ladders?

And some awesome life-saving animations. We really do look at new EPs differntly from other players, don't we?

--

June 12, 2013 at 10:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

Anyone playing Island Paradise yet? Have you discovered anything in particular that you think will be great for our projects like new animations and such? I'm hoping to get mine tonight on my way home.

--

June 26, 2013 at 6:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

MiloBean

I got it a few days ago and have been playing  like crazy ever since. It's a lot of fun for me for some reason. Too much fun actually. I've hardly touched my poor project in four days.

I haven't seen any memorable animations yet, but I've barely scrapped the surface either. The ladders could be useful and the fire walk could be useful and I may even have a good use for the roach stomp. Scuba diving animations might also be good for an astronaut/outerspace shot if you can edit out the bubbles. I haven't checked out the life guard stuff just yet.

I know that if I ever want to do a Robinson Crusoe, Jaws or Gilligan's Island video, I definitely have the right EP.

--

"We're all in this alone"

July 2, 2013 at 9:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CloudwalkerSims

I've heard about too many glitches, so I won't patch or buy this until I'm finished. Better safe than sorry.

--

July 2, 2013 at 9:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MiloBean

I've read about a few, but so far, I'm good save an occasional lag while in Isla Paradiso. I did make a backup copy before I installed though, just in case.

There was a problem with swimming pools when I first installed the patch. I couldn't lay floor tiles or diving boards, ladders etc. and a poor sim, a few hours after he went swimming, drowned in the middle of the kitchen floor while he was making dinner. Even the grim reaper was confused over that one. He didn't even show up.

It was fine after the EP was installed though.

--

July 2, 2013 at 10:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

I agree Cloud, I've had that problem too. Always safer than sorry when in the middle of something big. Having said that, no glitches yet for me. Nothing project threatening anyway.

Which reminds me... I should start my SIFF project.

--

July 3, 2013 at 6:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ballantyne

Hmm. I holding off on getting this EP too, I am worried what it would do to my mac if I install it :/

I am interested to know what the lifeguard animations look like though... is there a "carrying" animation? A "CPR" animation? If so, they would be pretty good for machinima. 

July 3, 2013 at 11:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CloudwalkerSims

I have seen the CPR animation. And the rowboat is a good one, too, for movies. As is climbing the ladder.

But I saw something like 24 pages of bugs on Crinrict's official bug thread, so, ya, I'll wait.

--

July 3, 2013 at 1:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ballantyne

lol. 24 pages of bugs? Thanks a lot EA  :mad:

July 3, 2013 at 9:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MiloBean

But...how is anyone gonna make a Rock Lobster music video without IP?

--

July 4, 2013 at 4:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.