Simatography 

and homebase of SIFF

Forums

Forum Home > Sims News and Community Updates > Sims 4 revealed (emotional mess)

CloudwalkerSims

TS4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30ZqIh2EPsE

If every little thing seems to impact emotions, how ON EARTH will story tellers and machinima-makers get through even one scene?

Let's hope modders (or EA) figures a way out of that mess.

And creating objects? Will I have to hype things as, "Oh this couch makes your sim want to cuddle?"

Not only do I not like the emotions and gameplay, but the building, CAS sculpting (odds that will be frustrating), crappy hair, and cartoon features make it very easy for me to pass.

Perhaps 4 will just go away and I'll stick here with 3, creating, and enjoying the fact that Twallan no longer has to worry about patches.

No thanks EA.

--

August 20, 2013 at 12:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SSProductions

Here here, I certainly don't want flappy, emotional sims. I totally agree. Sim 3 is difficult enough without modding it to within an inch of it's game engine to make machinima. No thanks indeed.

--

Photobucket

August 20, 2013 at 1:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ballantyne

I have mixed feelings. I worry that things wil get repetitive if sims are over-reacting to things all the time, but I will have to see more gameplay in order to properly make up my mind about it.

I will say this, there was nothing in the conference that made me go "wow", I was just left thinking... "Is that it? :/

August 20, 2013 at 7:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ChristieL.

My reply is a hard NO.

A lot of people says that this sims will be cartoonized more than the older versions. And I agree strictly. the further it goes, the worst it gets. Exactly like another very well known videogame that since decided to enhance graphics forgot how to write down a normal and captivating storyline and went down the hill.

I will NEVER EVER get the sims 4. NEVER.

--

August 21, 2013 at 11:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CloudwalkerSims

No CASt (maybe in an EP). Only solid colour due to the stretching of the meshes . simscamp people are freaking out and insisting they fix it.

Um, other news, Peter Jones is not interested in making any more tools to make CC. IE, no s3pe or s3oc. No way to export clips.

For CC makers we'll have to see if TSR steps up and does this for us. But for posing and animation, not sure.

There was something about 'intelligent' footwear. Boots will automatically have pants legs tucked in (what a nightmare for consistency), if they need to be (I'm thinking that means rain)

Environment affects emotions A LOT.

I think they forgot about us entirely.

--

August 21, 2013 at 1:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

sylentwhysper

I'm feeling just a mild curiosity about Sims 4.  I'm definitely not jumping up and down with excitement YET.  Initially, the cartoony look was not very attractive to me but it's become acceptable.  The emotion based gameplay does bring a slightly different angle to things but it depends on how wide a range of emotions can be displayed by our Sims.  If' it's just a handful, it could get pretty repetitive pretty quick.  CAS looks impressive but the hair options I've seen are awful.  And still no capability to adjust heights.  Walk styles are a cool feature though.  Build mode looks intuitive and easy enough, since I'm not a great builder, any shortcuts are helpful. 

Overall, I think Sims 4 is keeping with tradition of it's fun and quirky theme.  But fans have always played the game the way we want.  We will find ways to make it OUR game no matter what.

--

August 21, 2013 at 5:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

I am feeling trepidation and excitement. For me so far I am looking at this not as an improvement of Sims3 nor a replacement, but as a completely different game. As if I were going to play Plants VS. Zombies and then Angry Birds comes out, I would play both, but not with the idea that one will replace the other. That is how I see this for me now.

I like the feeling of the emotional actions and animations, there are many things I like about it. If I think about it as a completely separate and new game, not a replacement to move on to, then I like it. I will buy it, there is no question, but how I will use it is what I'm not sure of yet.

For Machinima - it is NOT the same obviously and for some people's machinima style this will not appeal I think, but on the other hand I think it will lend better to other styles. I think of BeanusDeMilo for example and I think this might work wonderfully for his (?) whinsical style. I think it might well bring a whole new wave of different machinima style forward.

I am not done with Sims3. I feel still very very attached to my sims and have so many more ideas, but I want this too. I was originally dissapointed that it wasn't all that I wanted, but I realized that it doesn't have to be because Sims3 is all that I want for Sims3 and that Sims4 will be something completely different. I might try it for something different like gameplay and possibly give building a try for somthing new. Who knows. Either way, I clearly have to win a lottery so I can quit my job and play more.

I am really really hoping that they will consider me for what might be another hands on chance before release. I definitely will go with a solid plan to help answer and investigate how it will affect machinima makers.

--

August 21, 2013 at 6:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

I hear that they are still listening to feedback as the game is still in Alpha and far from complete. Obviously the look of the sims is set at this point, but what do you want to see for machinima? I'll try to get some messages across to be heard.

--

August 21, 2013 at 6:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CloudwalkerSims

I want the emotions to be able to be turned off, and the ability to let mods and CC get into the game.

I sent tweets to a couple of gurus. I just feel they forgot all the different ways people play.

--

August 21, 2013 at 6:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

My biggest concern so far relates to the discussions around Create a Style - no patterns? only solid colours?

I could not live with this, and I know that many others either. If this is true, the limitations on design (sets, clothes, furniture etc) then I can see myself using this strictly for gameplay, and not for creativity, and definitely not for my interior design stuff for SF Magazine, that would be very unfortunate.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9673279.page

--

August 22, 2013 at 6:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CloudwalkerSims

Eden style said they are all pushing EA to include CASt. It's a deal breaker for a lot of people.

I also read Peter and Inge don't want to make another version of s3pe or SimPE again either.
And no Twallan.

I will go assure my simmies that the controller won't abandon them for a long long time. ;)

--

August 22, 2013 at 12:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

sylentwhysper

I could see why they have issues including CASt.  The way the Sim is customized is by stretching the basic mesh of it's body, with patterns, you would be stretching the pattern and design, therefore distorting it as you stretch the mesh horizontally and vertically.  The patterns would look horrible.  I would not want my Sims looking inconsistent due to patterns not aligning smoothly.  There should be no troubles including CASt on furniture though, as those wouldn't be stretched. 

It's sad that the major contributors to making CC possible have lost interest in the game.  But it's understandable, they've supported the game for years now and we surely do appreciate what they've done for us. 

--

August 22, 2013 at 4:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CloudwalkerSims

I mentioned that too, but then I was reminded they made Spore, which allows for pulling and stretching and the mesh snaps into place and is fine. (I wonder though, if the pattern is very different on that game than say a Burberry plaid we'd use)

--

August 22, 2013 at 7:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rylanor

I'm looking forward to it especially for the deeper emotions, but for the gameplay rather than filming. I have characters whose story I'd like to play out better and their relationships could be deeper, closer and all that. I didn't realise they've done away with or reduced Create a Style, though. I don't use many patterns, but having none would be a bit boring.

--

February 23, 2014 at 11:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

I'm having mixed feelings, but good mixed feelings because I don't have to give up Sims 3. I imagine I will use both, for different things.

--

February 23, 2014 at 12:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

KoreanSimz4

i just got sims 3 last year so i am sticking with sims 3 until sims 5 :)

--

February 23, 2014 at 3:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ballantyne

If EA released some official animation tools for TS4 (highly unlikely, but I can dream), plus added more camera features (at the very least: depth-of-field/bokeh) I would be there. I would be sold 100%.

But... they are EA. So.... my expectations are low at this stage. :/

February 24, 2014 at 3:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.