Simatography 

and homebase of SIFF

Forums

Forum Home > Customer Service and Suggestions > Machinima School Suggestions Wanted

Minraed
Site Owner

I will be starting up a revamped and much improved machinima school in the weeks to come. I have purchased some great movie making books to guide our lessons so we can learn together.

If you have suggestions for things that you think should be included or tricks that you want to learn, share them here. We will consider any suggestions.

There will also be a new feature, "how did you do that?" where we will attempt to interview and learn the secrets of other machinima makers. Do you have any specific things that you saw in a machinima that you would like to learn?

--

October 1, 2013 at 12:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CloudwalkerSims

I'd love to see some stuff on real life cinematographry shots. I know Nittens covered them a bit, but I find this very interesting.

And transitions. I try to watch movies and pick up on how they transition shots to show time changing. I'd love to have more of that information.

--

October 1, 2013 at 12:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

I plan to start with the top 5 or top 10 worst avoidable mistakes :/

--

October 1, 2013 at 12:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CloudwalkerSims

Oh that's great! I love those lists (except when I keep saying, 'darn, did that, oh, that too')

--

October 1, 2013 at 1:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ballantyne

I would like to learn more about editing, particularly editing to music, sound editing, and also awesome tips on making it all "flow" better. I wanna know if there any "golden rules" or "hot tips" for making a great edit :)

I see so many videos with fabulous editing and often it really elevates the piece to whole new level. 

October 10, 2013 at 8:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CloudwalkerSims

I have someone who can probably be interviewed about how to do voice acting/editing tips. I'm learning a lot about that and always would welcome more.

--

October 10, 2013 at 9:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ballantyne

That sounds great Cloud. Any expert tips would be appreciated! :) 

October 10, 2013 at 9:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Minraed
Site Owner

Great ideas. Keep them coming. I have some specific ideas of what I will do, but I will also try to find other machinima makers in the community who are willing to address some of the questions people ask here.

--

October 10, 2013 at 10:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.